Question about periods of "no feeling"

inmyownworld

I was wondering if anyone else experiences this and what they do about it?

I am in a long term relationship and most of the time, our relationship is smooth sailing. However, periodically, I go through periods where I have no feeling for my bf. I'm not mad and I don't dislike him, I just feel indifferent. The period can last 2 days or 2 weeks and there is no warning. It just happens. It's starting to bother me and I guess I am wondering if this is "normal" or very abnormal. :confused: Any comments are appreciated.

Sounds familiar...

The thing about a lot of us is we don’t always feel 100 percent but the unfortunate thing about that is too many of us feel guilty about that. You are entitled to not feel cool from time to time. The issue is are you in tuned with when you feel out of sorts.

I’m a moody bastard (much more so when younger) and for a time toward the end of my marriage I was taking Xanax and stopped cold turkey. HUGE MISTAKE. Back then I was not as in tuned with my moods or “triggers” Had indifferent feelings but did not know why.

If I had been more in tuned with "me", I could have saved my marriage. I don’t take meds more, I got therapy and learned to me more in tuned with changing moods and triggers. I’m much better but it takes practice/work and sometimes help and therapy. Just a thought. GoodLuck