Guys: if a girl texted you this how would you respond?

Fatty23

"Are you gonna ask me out or are we just gonna be penpals ;)"

Assuming that you've gone out once or maybe have talked about going out and you've been mostly texting. Would that turn you off or pique your interest?

Why are you asking this question? Do you really not know the answer.

OK, I'll bite. You freaking ask her out and take her somewhere nice. When the time is right you can apologize for being so stupid.

You young guys!!!

• Like 9

I probably would have asked her out before if it ever got to the point that she would say that. But if it did somehow get to that point, I would ask her out.

• Like 1

That sounds like something I would say.... lol.

Take her out! Sheesh! She's telling you that she's getting tired of just texting and wants to spend time with you.

If you aren't interested then now would be a good time to let her know you aren't.

• Like 3

Do it.

He will either ask you out and stop being a wimp or he will tell you that he thought you were "just friends". At which point you can decide if you want to continue to play that game or not.

• Like 1
  • Author

Say a first date already happened. And he said he wanted to go on a second date but hasn't asked her yet. How long should she wait to ask him that?

Say a first date already happened. And he said he wanted to go on a second date but hasn't asked her yet. How long should she wait to ask him that?

Edit. I just realised that you're the woman in this.

Just ask him out.

• Like 1
  • Author
Edit. I just realised that you're the woman in this.

Just ask him out.

Haha!

I just don't know what is too soon! I just feel like in our world of instant gratification he would have asked me out already. He doesn't text first but seems eager to hear from me when I text him and makes an effort to keep the conversation going. So not sure if I should just jump the gun. Lol

Right away.

You're asking if perhaps he's not interested.

If he's not initiating at least 50% of the conversations and hasn't asked you out a second time, I'd say that he's not super interested.

How about backing off and see if/when he starts a conversation with you.

Sorry about that...

Did not realize that you were a female.

Just ask the guy out. If he is interested he will say yes. If not he will say no.

Life is to short to worry about this type of stuff. Just do it.

If he is not interested some other guy will be...

• Like 1

I have used that sentence before. Sure he came up with a date invitation than we went on being penpal for another 3 weeks. Then I'd hint again ...long story short he was not THAT interested in me and I wasted a lot of my time convincing myself he was just shy.

• Like 2

If you have to nudge a guy to ask you out again, he's not interested enough. A guy who is truly interested will go out of his way to see you again as soon as possible.

• Like 6

For me, it depends. If I like the girl that sends me such a text, I would ask her out, but even if I don't like the girl as a potential lover, I would still respond because the girl is cool and brave enough to show her interest, which can't be said for a lot. (but yes, I would friendzone her).

• Author
You're asking if perhaps he's not interested.

If he's not initiating at least 50% of the conversations and hasn't asked you out a second time, I'd say that he's not super interested.

How about backing off and see if/when he starts a conversation with you.

He texted me first yesterday! But then didn't respond for like two hours. I can't read him at all! -_-