Good 1st date. Kissed me, texted first. 2nd date resp- legit or blow off?

ThisisIt606

I met a guy who’s about 7 years older on a dating app. He asked me out and I told him I was busy with x during the day but would be available in the evening on the weekend and gave him my cell as it’s easier to switch to text when setting up details. He texted me later that evening, made some small talk and said he’d find a place to go and let me know. I told him sounds good and gnight. The next day he texted me a rather long message that went something like “Hey before me meet, I just wanted to ask you something. Did you recently get out of an LTR? I ask because girls I felt I had connections with tell me on the first date they just got out of an LTR. I’m not interested in that. I want someone who is available and knows they are available.Sorry for this long and someone dramatic message :)

I replied saying that it was OK and I was glad he asked as it’s good to be up front with intentions. I told him I did not get out of an LTR recently. I am looking to date someone and develop an LTR with a person. I went onto ask if he recently got out of an LTR and what he is looking for?

He said he has not recently gotten out of an LTR and but is looking for one. He also added he is ready to do “the whole marriage thing" if he finds the right person.

We met and the date went well I thought. We had some common interests in activities we like to do, talked about our families/friends, past relationships a bit (what worked for us/what didn’t), what physical qualities we find attractive, etc. We both had 1 drink each and stayed at the bar for a little over 2 hours.

It was a bit hard to hear at the bar, then a very loud group came in which made it nearly impossible. He asked if I wanted to “get out of here” and apologized if it seemed like he was rushing us out, but he just couldn’t hear anymore. This was true, it was no longer a pleasant date environment. I felet like a little over 2 hours for date 1 was fine for me. He also knew I had to be up early the next day, so I was fine with going home.

When we got outside I said I was going to call an uber. He said he had fun, and thinks we had a good time tonight. I told him I had a good time too and we should do it again. He said “ are you just saying that? So if I text you, you’ll respond...” (I thought this was a bit odd/but he did share some past 1st date experiences and he was prob a little insecure from them when a girl said she was interested in hanging out but never committed to a 2nd date) I laughed and assured him I’d respond. He commented that I was so cute and I thanked him and blushed a bit and looked down. He commented on our height diff (i’m very petite and he is a broad/tall guy). He asked what I thought and I told him I liked it/tall guys. Early in the evening I said I prefer a broader frame.

I saw my uber pull up and said it was here. I said I had a good time and he said wait, I want to do something first, put his hands on my face and pulled me in to kiss me a few times. It was a nice kiss and I enjoyed it. It was a bit of a blur bc the uber driver was parked right next to us and STARING right at us, so I felt a bit awk. But i smiled after, said I had a good time and to have a good night. He said he’d talk to me soon and I said “sounds good”.

About an hour later I got a text from him “I had a good time tonight :)” I told him I did too and made a joke about something we talked about. We went back and forth about that for a bit, then I said I was going to bed, goodnight and talk tomorrow. He replied saying gnight.

I had a full day the next day, I texted in the evening asking how his day went . He replied back quickly that he busy with work and school assignments (he elaborated more in the actual text). He then asked how my day was saying he remembered I had quite the day planned. I responded and he asked me a few more details about some of my activities I had going on. I asked what work he had to do and he listed all that he did. I told him it sounded intense and I’m sure he’d sleep well that night!

I went on with my night and then a few hours later I sent a text saying “since we both had fun the other night, I was wondering if u wanted to go out again sometime this week, maybe xday?” He responded a few hours later saying “ sorry i’ve been in work stress mode. I’d love to go out again. Can we play xday by ear? I’m starting a new unit this week; tons of planning and work to do. I should be able to meet xday for a bit after xpm or so”

I told him that "sounded fine and to let me know, next week can also work. And Good luck with his unit".

Does this seem like a blow off or a legit excuse? My first take on it was legit, coupled with the kiss/good time we both had and him texting me first post date. However with OLD always hard to tell... opinions?

Edited by ThisisIt606

He seems a bit insecure and indecisive but I would take him at his word until he gives you reason not to. Don't do what he seems to be doing, which is judging you by his previous experiences.