Am I overthinking?

lv123_go

Hello,

I have been dating a guy for 3 weeks. At first everything was perfect, he was super nice, super social, caring and etc.

After the first date he told me "If we end up being in a relationship", then he said "If we end up getting engaged", and on the third week he was saying "If we end up getting married". Moreover, he told his friends and parents about me as well. Taking into account that I am international and moved to US 2 years ago only, he told me he wants to visit the country I am from next summer. All of this was happening in three weeks only!!!

As it was going super fast I kind of got scared I guess and texted him we are not going to work out. He took it respectfully and normal and even did not ask why.

The issue is we haven't been talking for 3 days and even though I was the one who ended up things, I miss him.. All this rushing stuff during those 3 weeks still scares me, but I miss him as a friend I guess...In 5 days it is his birthday, and I dunno whether I should text him and congratulate or not. I am scared to text him too, cos I am not quite sure of his reaction.

Do you think I should text him congratulate and say I miss him, or it is just too selfish of me...?

• Like 1

snip

Do you think I should text him congratulate and say I miss him, or it is just too selfish of me...?

You should only contact him if you intend to start dating him again.

If you don't intend to date him again, just let him be.

Take care.

Is English your primary or secondary language? Sometimes things like that can be lost in translation if you don't know dry/sarcastic humor.

• Author
Is English your primary or secondary language? Sometimes things like that can be lost in translation if you don't know dry/sarcastic humor.

English is my second language. But I am 100% sure he was not sarcastic, because we were out one day and his best friend and mom called him and he was sitting and talking about us and our plans for the day. I was like "ok..that is fast going"

Edited by lv123_go