(Male 22) Not sure if I should date my best friend again

spazzo246

Hi Guys Im in a bit of a predicament. Brief background on the story: Im 22 and she is 20. We are both incredibly shy and mainly use Facebook messenger to talk (Never call)

I had been close friends with this girl for a good year so close to the point where the teasing and interactions between us was very relationship only type stuff. We see each other every second week in our little group outings and are very comfortable around one and other

Me and her are both incredibly Shy and spoke on Facebook the majority of the time . Towards the end of that year I opened up to her and told her that I liked her and she also stated that she had feelings on me since we first met. (this was all through Facebook chat)

We both agreed to start dating and we dated happily for a good week and a half (aha). That week was very stressful for both of us. Up until the point where we started dating, we never saw each other alone in person. It was always in large groups and the conversation flow was always between multiple people. We spoke A LOT on Facebook and then when it came to meeting up alone in person just the two of us conversation was very dry and boring, there wasn't much to talk about and as much as I tried to keep the conversation flowing (Thats hard enough as it is as I am very shy) there was not much initiation on her end. Its like online she was a whole different person.

We spent valentines day together which was nice and then the following morning I received a message from her.

Hope work is ok ? Ive been thinking like a lot and still feel like we rushed into this way too soon and i still find u more as my best friend than a boyfriend You were so sweet tho and i did really enjoy myself last night But i really like u more as one of my best friends and doesn't feel right to be in a relationship >~< Hopefully we can still be like best friends ! I really hope u understand I tired so hard to make it work and push aside what i really feel. So i hope we can still be super good friends c:

From this we agreed that we rushed into things and decided that the best thing is to remain really close friends.

This all happened about 6 months ago and we are still really close come today, we still talk on Facebook, she initiates conversation with me every few days and have group outings nearly every week. I still have strong feelings for her and ultimatley I do want to try again but dont want to sabotage the friendship as its currently in good shape. Im not sure if she feels the same way

Im not sure what to do here. If someone has been in a similar situation and can give me any words of wisdom here that would be great.

Thanks