Do any women really use Tinder/Bumble for relationships?

NJ123

I've been hearing some say that Tinder isn't considered a hookup app as much as it used to be, & am not really sure about Bumble. But from personal experience from anyone on here, as well as women on here that use/used it, do you find that women are more so looking for casual, or actual relationships? And maybe women on here can answer what they are on there for. Also, when women put "no hookups" does that really mean they actually are looking for hookups but just don't want to outright admit it that they are?

Tinder has changed a crap load. At first it was such an easy hook up avenue, and I took advantage of that several times. Now it's slowly being turned into a more traditional dating site. Every other profile has "not looking for a hook up" listed.

• Author
Tinder has changed a crap load. At first it was such an easy hook up avenue, and I took advantage of that several times. Now it's slowly being turned into a more traditional dating site. Every other profile has "not looking for a hook up" listed.

I've heard from some that when someone puts not looking for a hookup that they actually are a lot of the time but don't want to admit that they are. Some from personal experience have said anytime a woman put that, that they slept with them on the first date. I just don't know how true that is though. And yeah, I've heard supposedly that Tinder is getting away from being a straight up hookup app & more so for relationships but the stigma of hookup app is still attached to it.

• Like 1

That is to be true with any dating site. Women that want sex, don't want to be viewed as a "slut", so they're not gonna just put it out in the open.

But yes, I've known plenty of people that have had relationship success from tinder, not just hook ups

Sunkissedpatio

Interesting thread..

I won't set foot on there, even if it is "changing into a more dating geared site" simply because I just assume all the men on there are only looking to hook anyway so I find the types of me that app attracts are kinda' sleezy.

That's my own preconceived notion though and I'm my own hindrance from going on there.

• Like 2
Sunkissedpatio
I've heard from some that when someone puts not looking for a hookup that they actually are a lot of the time but don't want to admit that they are.

On that note I have also heard that if you put you don't want something on your profile you will actually attract that.

I don't see the logic in that...? I guess reverse psychology or something? I don't get it...

• Like 1
  • Author
On that note I have also heard that if you put you don't want something on your profile you will actually attract that.

I don't see the logic in that...? I guess reverse psychology or something? I don't get it...

Yeah, I'd say that's probably true & I don't know the reason for it either. But as NIGHT said so many women put in their profiles not looking for hookups, yet I heard from some that that means they really do want to hookup based on their own personal experience.

I live in Australia and Tinder is definitely an 'anything goes' app, it's the luck of the draw! A lot of women I know (that are amazing, mind you) have tried Tinder for a relationship, however if they are the sensitive/caring type of woman they usually bail as it destroys you! The disposable aspect of the app is not for everyone and almost caters for the emotional detached types who can handle all that mess!!

However, I DO know at least 5 couples that are in very committed/LTRs (including one couple that are getting married in October) from Tinder, it's pretty common in Melbourne. These people got VERY LUCKY in my opinion, as they didn't even go on many dates with others. Whereas some of my single lady friends, along with myself, have met a string of dead beats.

• Like 1

I found with both apps, there are both people who want and don't want real relationships on them. I've often found guys on both bumble and tinder (perhaps to heighten their chances).

It's not like one app is a "catch all" for relationship guys. Especially since guy A can be on both bumble and tinder. It's not really as though his personality changes from "relationship minded man" on bumble to "F buddy bro" on tinder.

It's all how you present yourself in person. I know a girl that had a bf off tinder and also a hook up.

She's using bumble and that seems to be going well for her as she's relationship minded.

• Author
I found with both apps, there are both people who want and don't want real relationships on them. I've often found guys on both bumble and tinder (perhaps to heighten their chances).

It's not like one app is a "catch all" for relationship guys. Especially since guy A can be on both bumble and tinder. It's not really as though his personality changes from "relationship minded man" on bumble to "F buddy bro" on tinder.

It's all how you present yourself in person. I know a girl that had a bf off tinder and also a hook up.

She's using bumble and that seems to be going well for her as she's relationship minded.

Yeah it seems Bumble is more relationship minded than Tinder. I don't seem to get anywhere as many matches on Bumble as I do Tinder though & I have the same exact pictures on both.

Just speaking for myself, but when I write "not looking for a hookup" it's because I'm - not looking for a hookup....

• Like 2

There are definitely people looking for relationships on both Tinder and Bumble.

Probably more women are than are looking for straight up hook ups.

I'm not sure everyone has the same definition of hook-up,

I think some think if you are looking for hook-ups on Tinder than you are pretty much happy to sleep with anyone you match, others think it means you are happy to meet for a drink and who knows where the night might go, where as others it might mean they are just not looking for a marriage like relationship.

A few comments. I have direct experience with the Not looking for a Hookup comment. I'm a guy and not looking for one but won't turn one down if I'm feeling it and it's headed that way. This has occurred more often with those that say Not looking for one. Dunno if that coincidence or just our chemistry.

I feel all the apps are more of a way to meet more people. They can lead to any type of relationship.

Match I feel is more serious because of all the information that you can decide to connect or not more than just pictures.

I use both. And find pros cons to both.

I've been hearing some say that Tinder isn't considered a hookup app as much as it used to be, & am not really sure about Bumble. But from personal experience from anyone on here, as well as women on here that use/used it, do you find that women are more so looking for casual, or actual relationships? And maybe women on here can answer what they are on there for. Also, when women put "no hookups" does that really mean they actually are looking for hookups but just don't want to outright admit it that they are?

No. I stay away from dating apps and OLD.

When I put "no hookups" in a profile, that means I'm not interested in casual sex because I'm not interested in casual sex.

I've used Tinder for serious dating,

Almost 9 months with my boyfriend I met on there! We were both looking for love. I met many guys who also was looking for something serious. Definitely something I'm glad I tried and I have met great guys through it.

I met my boyfriend of 8 months on Tinder. Went on the app a couple of times over 1 or 2 years, when I felt like trying something different. Didn't meet any obvious creepers, but also never had any second dates with anyone from there until I met my boyfriend.

Like someone else said, there's people looking for anything and everything on Tinder. It's like being in a bar - you won't know what they're looking for until you connect, talk and get to know one another.