I haven't been on a single date in 4 years should I be concerned?

Necris

So I just realized last time I went on a date I believe was some time back late 2012, never had a date since, I've also never been kissed, never had sex, and never had a relationship and now in my mid-twenties. Should I be concerned?

Now it's not like I have totally given up as I still try to talk to women but nowadays I don't get as much opportunity to meet girls IRL to get rejected by so tbh I mostly get my rejections done online.

It feels like the older I get the harder its getting to meet single girls and I thought I had it bad in my college days lol.

Though strangely I do seem to somewhat make much older women comfortable around me for some reason, like this time I went to the grocery store and this woman old enough to be my grandmother randomly approached me and started talking to me about all kinds of random stuff. Or like this other time I arrive at my apartment at night and this woman in her seventies asked me for directions saying she was lost and wanted me to guide her to this place she was trying to get to, which got kind of awkward as she was telling me how she "loves the brothers" or something and I'm black and she's white.

I looked back at your history for context.

Unfortunately, the things which matter to you (staying a virgin till marriage, not drinking or partying, devout Christian, loves gaming, she can't be overweight) will highly deplete your pool of women. When you add the fact that you're highly cynical about women, it's just the final nail in the coffin for you.

Of course, it's your prerogative to have the ideals you want, but you must accept the result that very few women will be interested in you.

Have you tried Devout Christian dating sites?

• Like 2
  • Author
I looked back at your history for context.

Unfortunately, the things which matter to you (staying a virgin till marriage, not drinking or partying, devout Christian, loves gaming, she can't be overweight) will highly deplete your pool of women. When you add the fact that you're highly cynical about women, it's just the final nail in the coffin for you.

Of course, it's your prerogative to have the ideals you want, but you must accept the result that very few women will be interested in you.

Have you tried Devout Christian dating sites?

What makes you say I'm cynical about women? And no I haven't tried Christian dating sites, they didn't sound that great at least from some personal experiences I've heard.

Also I highly doubt staying a virgin till marriage is having any effect on my dating abilities its not like I've ever even been in a situation where that ever comes up in any shape or form.

Though I suppose not drinking and partying could restrict my dating pool alot since most people do those things. I personally don't see the fun in that, I've drank alcohol before and it's nothing amazing in fact it's pretty terrible, and I've been to parties before but I'm not super extroverted so they weren't fun.

As for her being overweight I'm pretty lax on my standards but when it comes to weight the question is not how much she weighs but how she carries it, is she thick or just straight up obese? Being completely obese is just lazy I do at least some sort of exercise every day like yesterday I went hiking into the mountains and tomorrow I'm going to do so again.

Anyway besides all that should I be concerned that it's been 4 years and no dates?

What makes me say you're cynical about women? All the conversations I had with you in a previous "good guy vs bad guy" thread you made a few months back.

Anyway, if you have been actively looking, I would be concerned if you haven't had a date in 4 years. It could be just that you've missed good opportunities to meet women by avoiding parties etc... Or it could be something else.

Do you have a decent sized group of friends? Is your friend group mixed gender? You need to hang out with girls if you're going to meet girls.

Anyway besides all that should I be concerned that it's been 4 years and no dates?

It doesn't actually sound like you have been very active in soliciting dates so whilst 4 years sounds a long time, had you been very active and had tried "everything", I guess that would be a lot worse.

• Author
It doesn't actually sound like you have been very active in soliciting dates so whilst 4 years sounds a long time, had you been very active and had tried "everything", I guess that would be a lot worse.

Mostly been focusing on my career so I mostly did online dating (what a sham), tried talking to some girls in my social circle, and I tried going out more but never met single girls interested in me (tbh though I didn't really try hard, I used to approach girls randomly but now if she's not flirting, looking at me, or otherwise showing a hint of interest I'm not approaching)

Tbh, the prospect of being alone used to bother me, but now it doesn't really bother me.

• Author
What makes me say you're cynical about women? All the conversations I had with you in a previous "good guy vs bad guy" thread you made a few months back.

Anyway, if you have been actively looking, I would be concerned if you haven't had a date in 4 years. It could be just that you've missed good opportunities to meet women by avoiding parties etc... Or it could be something else.

Do you have a decent sized group of friends? Is your friend group mixed gender? You need to hang out with girls if you're going to meet girls.

I have made an active effort to go out more when the opportunity presents itself so I've been to parties, conventions, etc. but while doing so I never met any single women interested in me.

I have a very small group of friends and now that I just recently moved to a new city I don't have any to hang out with anymore.

As for my cynicism, in that thread I was merely pointing out women are not much different than guys, like most guys, girls are attracted to physically attractive men, personality mostly just keeps a relationship going. So an ugly guy who has great personality is going to have a hard time attracting any girls but once he gets one the relationship will be stronger. Sure not everyone is the same but most people seem to be like this.