Separated but wears wedding ring on other hand?

Roseygem

Hi Everyone!

New here but joined to get some advice as i'm a little confused...

Recently I've been going out with a guy who is separated from his wife and undergoing a divorce...

He was wearing his wedding band on his wedding finger around 7 months ago now it's on his right hand....

What does this mean? It's weird because it doesn't bother me but more confuses me...

Now I have known this guy for around 7 years so i do know he respected his wife and the divorce came as a shock so maybe taking off the ring signals the end for good?

Maybe he likes the ring?

Is it saying 'I was married now i'm not but I respected the marriage?'

I think next time I'll cheekily ask him why...but in the meantime other advice would be great..

You men call us women confusing...your all just as bad lol!!

Best to ask than assume...

I would also caution against dating someone who is only separated. I was in your shoes and on the day that the guy I was dating had to appear in court to finalize the divorce and agree upon the separation of assets, they decided to give their marriage ONE MORE TRY and I was left out in the cold.

Just know that a "separated" man is not an "available" man.

• Like 2
  • Author
Best to ask than assume...

I would also caution against dating someone who is only separated. I was in your shoes and on the day that the guy I was dating had to appear in court to finalize the divorce and agree upon the separation of assets, they decided to give their marriage ONE MORE TRY and I was left out in the cold.

Just know that a "separated" man is not an "available" man.

Thank you Carrie and i'm sorry to hear that :(.

I hold great caution with this one. I'm aware the EX is another relationship (for 2 years) and one of the reasons if not the main one she left him.

I'm taking it extremely steady until they are divorced legally...

I've been burnt in a previous relationship so no wearing heart on sleeve anymore...

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't worry or be concerned about the ring, rather open and conspicuous association and perceptions of other aspects of your interactions with him. Whether single, separated, or divorced, he can change his mind at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

Divorce is filed? Cool. Easy enough to see where things are at. Check it out. Court filings are public record.

Domicile? Living on his own, right? Easy enough to enjoy a tour of his digs since you've known him for years and it's not like you're an unknown or potential wacko/stalker.

Public? PDA's as usual, hanging out at the usual hangouts, no ambiguity in his actions about being done with this wife, cheerfully responding to any inquiries about his new lady, etc, etc.

Regardless, it could last a lifetime, be a transitory association as most are in life or end tomorrow. Enjoy the now. If the ring bugs you, discuss it with him. If him was a her and she was my date, I'd focus on other things but that's me. Been around enough MW's to not put much stock in such things. YMMV. Good luck!

• Author
Personally I wouldn't worry or be concerned about the ring, rather open and conspicuous association and perceptions of other aspects of your interactions with him. Whether single, separated, or divorced, he can change his mind at any time for any reason or no reason at all.

Divorce is filed? Cool. Easy enough to see where things are at. Check it out. Court filings are public record.

Domicile? Living on his own, right? Easy enough to enjoy a tour of his digs since you've known him for years and it's not like you're an unknown or potential wacko/stalker.

Public? PDA's as usual, hanging out at the usual hangouts, no ambiguity in his actions about being done with this wife, cheerfully responding to any inquiries about his new lady, etc, etc.

Regardless, it could last a lifetime, be a transitory association as most are in life or end tomorrow. Enjoy the now. If the ring bugs you, discuss it with him. If him was a her and she was my date, I'd focus on other things but that's me. Been around enough MW's to not put much stock in such things. YMMV. Good luck!

Thank you! Yes living on own...typical guy living by himself...few empty beer bottles in the kitchen, socks over sofa and no doubt his undies in the microwave lol...

The house was full of his kids toys, clothes and pictures of him and his kids. There was nothing of hers in the house what so ever...She left him the wine glasses which he threw out and bought some more...

The ring doesn't bother me, possibly if he was still wearing it on the left hand. I'm just more confused than anything...