Flirting via Work Email?

Otter2569

I've been attracted to this woman for years. We work at the same company but in different divisions (different buildings) and often ride the same commuter line into work but I get little recognition from her.

Recently we were on the same project and had several 1 on 1 meetings during which there was lots of smiling and chit chat but nothing beyond that. We say hi now when we pass each other but that's every few weeks at best.

Tonight however I say hello at the commuter station and she strikes up a conversation. Asks what I'm doing this weekend, asks about my marital status, tells me shes newly divorced, we have friends in common etc. The most personal conversation we have ever had.

Should I send her an email on Monday and ask about her weekend and add in some flirt? I have never messed around with anyone at work but am not sure what to do given this turn of events?

By all means flirt. But never do it with company resources You could find yourself on the end of a sexual harassment case.....:eek: Work resources are for work. If you want to flirt do it in person, if she gives you her personal # or personal email address then that is an invitation, as long as she's giving them to you for personal reasons.

• Like 1

Most companies have the nanny software to make sure the company computers are being used for business. The IT guy can read your emails. All that is kept on the server regardless of you deleting them. Get her number and ask her out on a date. You can flirt irl instead.

• Like 1

More important is what would anal girl think of this. Are you two at liberty to step out?

• Author

This is one of those things where you know the answer before you ask the question. Since our project ended a few weeks ago I only see her in passing now and then so wanted to do something while I had momentum. I'm not talking hard core flirting but something casual like "How was your weekend?" that might lead to coffee or a lunch date.

She talked (and initiated) more personal stuff in those 12 minutes than ever before. She even brought up how we have a friend in common and that we met several years ago at a party. That clearly tells me she is giving me some thought.

Jen, you always keep me honest ;) Anal Girl (AG) and I have never talked about it. It feels a lot like a FWB RL. We get together two days a week for drinks and amazing sex. She gives me a lot of freedom and space and is not at all possessive - which I enjoy.

In a line up Work Girl would clearly win. When to comes to great sex it would be hard to leave AG.

If you both are single you can ask her phone number and have a date.

But i dont think its good idea to mess with anyone at work.

Once it ends soon gossip will go around, and you will have to deal with the person at work also so you dont have good space to get over the person.

And for many other reasons.

Ps: Dont use work phone and email for things that are not work related.

Other people can read them and you can lose your job. And its unprofessional.

• Like 1
More important is what would anal girl think of this. Are you two at liberty to step out?

Anal girl???

• Like 1
  • Author

Cherry, I am almost convinced that if I ad 5 more minutes we would have gone that route. We just got to the "what are you doing this weekend" and the commuter bus shows up. Oh well, she did say she was working and I am booked both days so better luck next time!

• Author

Jose, I am dating a woman who really enjoys anal sex so Jen has named her Anal Girl.

We have talked about having a threesome so I could always say that I am prospecting ;)

Jen, you always keep me honest ;) Anal Girl (AG) and I have never talked about it. It feels a lot like a FWB RL. We get together two days a week for drinks and amazing sex. She gives me a lot of freedom and space and is not at all possessive - which I enjoy.

Hm, don't want to mother you but I wouldn't just assume it's a go as far as anal girl's concerned just bc you seem casual. At the very least you should verify the situation for STD safety purposes.

Otherwise this work chick was totally flirting w/you, yes. I wouldn't go very far on the work e-mail but it'd be a stronger play to move on her in person anyway. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Author

UPDATE:

Two missed opportunities:

1. I'm in line waiting last week. She gets in line right behind me and says hi. My phone rings immediately after with a call I have to take. Yeah I look cool but there goes any chance to talk. Bus comes we get on...end of story.

2. Yesterday I didnt even see her in line but on her way out she says hi / goodnight or something like that.

She never gave me the time of day a month ago let alone go out of her way to say hello. I've got to get on this chics radar screen to say more than hi!

JoeSmith357-1

Dating people at work is generally a bad idea, using company email to do it is even worse.

UPDATE:

Two missed opportunities:

1. I'm in line waiting last week. She gets in line right behind me and says hi. My phone rings immediately after with a call I have to take. Yeah I look cool but there goes any chance to talk. Bus comes we get on...end of story.

2. Yesterday I didnt even see her in line but on her way out she says hi / goodnight or something like that.

She never gave me the time of day a month ago let alone go out of her way to say hello. I've got to get on this chics radar screen to say more than hi!

Never let "have to take" calls ruin your opportunities! :)