I ghosted on him but is because he is just using me

BeStrong2

Hi All,

My story..

I was on a biz incentive trip.. I met this guy L.

I knew him since 2 years ..but we hardly talk as we are in different country unit of the business. He is just some guy from head office.

He looks alot like my ex colleague..so whenever I see him.. is a bit of a deja vu.

Back to trip.. I was the only one invited to this award event frm my county hence I was abit apprehensive..and awkward..

He sent me a msg to join him n the rest for lunch when he arrived at the resort.. to cut the story short.. we hang ard.. when clubbing..

Everything was friend zone n happy mood as we were overseas drinking n all.

Felt him turning his attention to me as the night goes.. n the rest of the guys were all knocked out from drinking

We had some deep conversation abt love n all.

Finally time to go back to the hotel .. he sent me to my room.

I made my decision quick. Said my good night n closed the door .

He sent me a msg saying that he felt that we can talk the whole night.

Nxt night.. after our award dinner..all of us in a joyous mood ..start drinking n all.. this time I drank alot more.

Finally went back to my room with the help of 2 colleagues..

Afterwards alone in my room..I called him..was drunk n dont want to be alone.

He came by. I was so drunk.. I insisted him to bring me my small soft toy( i bring my little soft toy whenever i travel alone)

Spray my perfume in the air.. and hug me

He did all that spooning me.. in my drunken state. I remember him breathing v hard when he spooned me.

I fell asleep and the next thing I know. He kissed me on the forehead and left the room.

I woke up the next door.. n saw his msg.

Telling me I will be alright...and another msg saying he wanted to stroll along the beach before leaving the country.

• Author

Part 2.

I messaged him when I woke up.

Aplogise and thanking him.

We met at the hotel breakfast together with the rest.

Then he said he wanted to take a walk at the beach and I said i will joined him

We walked along the beach.. juz talking like friends

Went over some corals. Held hands for awhile as I was losing my balance.

We msg almost the whole day while he was waiting for his flight and I am also waiting to go to the airport

But he stopped texting me once he landed back home.

He texted me the next day a link on some news we were talkin abt..

We texted briefy.

And didnt stay in contact..until a week later. He just send me random photo of the weather in this country.

I did not reply as I thought It was only a photo and what do he want me to say

And I was also on the way to bali for a short holiday

He msged me 3 days ago.. just some random audio with some retro songs( yes..we are in our late 30s)

N some text that he heard retro song in the clinic

We chatted briefly that few days sharing fotos.

He was also travelling but on biz.

Usually I am the one who not replying

Few days later.. I was back to work ..feeling happy and all.

I sent him a pic of our country mascot n all ( he is frm my country bt an expat in another country)

Anyway we started to chat regularly... always he intitating the conversation.... but he never ask me how is my day...how m i...more to him telling me abt what he is doing..his thoughts n all

He told me Im his little girl once in our conversation..

And will send me photos of the place he went to.. n pics of soft toys which reminds him of me..teasing me.

He told me he was comin to my country for biz trip.. so I arrange for a gathering together with some colleagues he knew.

He did ask me out for dinner..but i do not want to be alone w him as I am not sure how he feel..he was difficult to read..n I rather to be together as a group.

The shock came when he was in the office. He saw me for sure...but he didnt even say Hi.

I felt so disrespected..

In the evening..he send me a msg out of the blue..asking me v random qns. I replied matter of fact. Asked him to elabrate why he is asking out of the blue. He dont want to elaborate.. I said Fine. N juz stop talking..

He msg me hours later asking random qns again. I told him off.. telllin him that I am not his toliet bowl.. someone to offload his thoughts on and not hearing me at all

not listening.. and also remember the gathering..he agreed to join us. Only to back off n getting all indecisive abt it.

Anyway.. he apologise to me.. saw me in ofc. No greetings again.msg me late at night asking me am i still pissed.. i told him we are at xxx .. we eventually met ..he saw me with a guy friend.. he looked so different n defensive..

Anyhow we didnt talked much.

I realised he blocked me on whatapps..

The next mornin.. he unblocked me..

I asked him out for movie.. he agree immediately..then give me some bull**** abt meeting a friend.

Eventually we met. For movie.. I was keeping my physical distance though. We went for a drink. I felt he did want to hold my hands when the club is crowded but i was holding on to the strap of my bag.

I sent him home.. he didnt even ask me to msg him.when I home safe.

I stupidity msg him that Im home.

Only to have him reply me the next day. Resetting out conversation again

Oh i forget..he buy me a soft toy as a gift..

Anyway he fly back home.

Msg me every other day..but hardly ask how am I.. mostly when he was waiting for a flight..flight delay and all.

I eventually stop replyin his msg 2 fridays ago.

He asked me a random qns early in the morning

I didnt reply.

He msg me in the evening asking me am i alright?

I didnt reply..but feeling guilty as hell..

Telling myself I will hv to reply the next day.. I cant do this

The thing is...he STOP texting me since.. been almost 2 weeks

My guy friends told me..he is just waiting to see who will msg 1st. He cares

My gal friends told me .. he dont care

I miss him TONS

Sorry for the long post.. I tried to keep it as short as possible.. but..

Appreciate your thoughts on this