LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

General online and other dating discussion

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree239Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th November 2017, 10:34 AM   #226
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Moderation bump to re-open thread to comments
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 4:01 AM   #227
Established Member

Your experience with online dating?

Those of you who are 30 something......

For the men: What has been your most successful approach in moving from matching online to sending messsages and eventually going on a date?

More specifically, what do you say? How do you make sure that things are moving along and that you have the other personís cooperation?

For women: How fast is too fast to ask for your phone number? Is there a point in talking on the phone first or should the two of you set up a date and just meet?

How do you see your role as both a female and a partner to this online dating process? Are you more of a follower or a leader? How would you like the conversation to progress? Do you prefer more humor than idle chit chat or do you prefer questions aimed at getting to know you?
Do you usually try to do the same?
Logo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 7:39 AM   #228

Only two things you need to do to succeed with OLD.
1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive

If you follow these rules, everything else is inconsequential.
Iseult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 7:48 AM   #229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logo View Post
For women: How fast is too fast to ask for your phone number? Is there a point in talking on the phone first or should the two of you set up a date and just meet?
There are some bad apples online, so I never even give out my name until I meet in person. If a man doesn't understand this, oh well, his loss. I think men and people need to understand that we need to be careful.

Talking on the phone is optional. I don't like to get into really deep getting-to-know-you conversations until I meet in person, so after a few messages if we've both determined there's potential, I like to meet in person.

Quote:
How do you see your role as both a female and a partner to this online dating process? Are you more of a follower or a leader? How would you like the conversation to progress? Do you prefer more humor than idle chit chat or do you prefer questions aimed at getting to know you?
Do you usually try to do the same?
Men tend to lead online. Rather, men tend to chase. Maybe this is unique to my city where I'm told there are few female prospects. I dunno.

I like conversations where he reveals a little and asks a little. Here's an answer to your question and now here's my question. It keeps things flowing.
emzara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 9:21 AM   #230
Established Member

must admit, pleasantly surprised.
No expert , a short stint after divorce, another last mth, very light heartedly , broke up with gf awhile back and l just felt like talking to some women really, nothing serious. .
But, really surprised , met some nice women both times.This times 3 or 4 lovelies, first few wks then the one l'm with atm came along. not sure how that will go buttt, she knocked my socks off.
l don;t bother with any of the bs all over the net load of horseshyt
l don;t even have a picture up, if they like me back then they see my pics private. lf they don;t tough.

But l just say hi, liked your page, it'd be nice to talk if your interested - or somem like that . That's it.
l;m not bs'g on doin monkey tricks for some women l don't even know likes me back yet, or is she even worth talking to herself yet anyway, eff that. Besides, all this crap pick something out of their profile , show interest , crack a joke blah bla bla , yawn.
l mean what they think any women with half a brain isn't gona see through that garbage or reading all the same crap all over the internet ? bullshyt. Just be yourself.
Works fine for me.

Last edited by Chilli; 7th January 2018 at 9:28 AM..
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 9:38 AM   #231
Established Member

Personally though , l'd say the odds of meeting the love of your life on one is about a million to one but, it does happen, read a few that have married and that.

Most however , girls and guys, just seem to get burn out or runs of bs short relationships that just break up later anyway
like it's a pretty unnatural way to meet don't you think, it's all totally in reverse to RL.

Worth a look around though if there's nothin else goin on.
Chilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 11:39 AM   #232
Established Member

Quote:
Only two things you need to do to succeed with OLD.
1. Be attractive
2. Don't be unattractive
You forgot #3

If you are female, be under 30 yrs of age.
Ruffian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 11:45 AM   #233
Established Member

The reason why OLD is difficult for the majority is because people have high expectations. So those who are really attractive fit those expectations....but even without OLD, this still applies irl. Life in general is easier for attractive people. It is what it is.

As for sh*&^^% people, they are everywhere, online, off line, etc.

You are a fool if you believe that having each others passwords = trust.
smackie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 12:22 PM   #234
Established Member

Iv'e been on dates with two different girls and both times, I met them online.

Other than that, I have hardly any success online.

I have no idea how attractive others perceive me to be (sorry mom, you're not a reliable source) but based on my Tinder matches, it ain't good lol. I'm probably a 4 lol. My body type brings my attractiveness down, i'm only 5 ft 3 and 105 pounds. My height alone is probably a deal breaker to 75% of women. Oh well, nothing you can do about it...

I actually used to be 95-97 pounds but then I hit the gym 4 days a week and started eating better now i'm up to 105 so this is actually a good weight for me, lol. I'm just naturally skinny.

Last edited by GuitarGuy7; 7th January 2018 at 12:24 PM..
GuitarGuy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2018, 12:32 PM   #235
LoveShack.org Moderator
LoveShack.org Moderator

Members, I moved some general questions not relevant to a personal dating milieu to our pinned thread on online dating for further response and review of thread content. Please, since this thread is pinned and always visible, locate questions or comments about online dating not related to a specific personal experience in this thread. Definitely do start threads on your personal dating experiences to seek insight and advice. Be descriptive so other members have the best information possible to assist. Thanks!
William is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 7:43 AM   #236
Established Member

Back on the horse. I hate it and everyone on it already

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 8th January 2018 at 7:46 AM..
Cookiesandough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2018, 8:16 AM   #237
Established Member

The honest to goodness only reason Iím on here is because I hope to run into the qt I couldnít date last yr. and sadly, I probably wonít because Iím trying to. :[

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 8th January 2018 at 8:40 AM..
Old 8th January 2018, 8:52 PM   #238
Established Member

I guess this is just going to be my rant thread. I'm not sure if that's allowed. Please warn me if not.

I am really struggling deciding who to talk to so I am just not going to talk to anyone. I feel very overwhelmed and questioning if I even want this
Old 8th January 2018, 10:24 PM   #239
Established Member

I hope the guy I like will swipe me despite how I acted. He knows I can see everyone who swipes me because I told him this. I worry he won't. The search is on...

Last edited by Cookiesandough; 8th January 2018 at 10:54 PM..
Old 8th January 2018, 11:03 PM   #240
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookiesandough View Post
I hope the guy I like will swipe me despite how I acted. He knows I can see everyone who swipes me because I told him this. I worry he won't. The search is on...

Does that mean you have a paid subscription?

Also, did you lose his number?
Why not see how he is via direct communication. I think, if he still likes you, he'd be sad to see you back on Tinder (appearing like you want to date, but didn't you tell him you would like to revisit dating him in the new year?)
Mkn1010 is offline   Reply With Quote