Dance class as first date?

40daysforthen253

Good plan!

I don't think it matters to be honest. All that matters is that you have fun and enjoy each others company.

Pub....

Can lead to dancing...

A first date, you should do something a bit more sedate...

A walk somewhere beautiful, a quaint cafe for coffee and a slice of cheese cake.

Have you met? Or is this online?

salparadise
Any thoughts on a dance class as a first date? Is there a certain type that makes the most sense? Thanks

I did that once, about a year ago. I had been emailing the woman for some time, trying to break through her shell. She was hesitant. The dance class was her suggestion. I figured it was a test and went along with it.

I probably wouldn't do it again for a first date. I would do it once the mutual attraction and interest is established and we're actually dating, and if we were actually interested in learning to dance. It was ok but no chance for conversation. We did make a lot of eye contact and touching, but it was a awkward since it was the first time we had met.

We went out a few more times but she had been widowed a couple of years prior (love of her life) and wasn't ready to date. For her it was a baby step, a way to meet a man in a context where all the steps were choreographed, literally and figuratively.

IfWishesWereHorses

I think it's s great idea, providing you grab coffee, or dessert or s drink afterwards to have some time to get to know each other.