Help I'm clueless at reading women’s signs.

jcanuck

Sorry about another long “Does she like me thread?”. But I’m pretty clueless about these things and any help would be appreciated.

She’s a waitress at a pub I like to drink at and I’ve known her for about 2 months. She’s 20 years old and I’m 27. I’ve always thought she was cute (but still within my league) and we flirt occasionally. But about 3 weeks ago I was enjoying a few drinks with friends when she shows up (not working) and sits with us. She’s nervous and keeps saying how she’s waiting for a friend to get off and have a few drinks with. Anyhow we talk for about a ½ hour. She’s laughing at all my jokes (even the bad ones), seems interested learning about me, touches me occasionally and gives me her phone # in a round about way. Then my friends decide it’s time to leave. I leave noticing her looking back at me several times as I’m leaving.

I wait a few days give her a call, and leave a message. No return call. So I call again a few days later and leave another message. This time she calls me back in about 30min. We chat, have a nice conversation and decide to go out the next day. I call her the next day to arrange the details and end up leaving a message. NO RETURN CALL. I leave one more message asking what’s up. NO RETURN CALL AGAIN. I take it as if she stood me up. And leave it at that.

So I’m back at the pub this weekend and she’s working. There seems to be some awkwardness. But eventually she starts giving me the bedroom eyes, laughing at my jokes, rubbing herself up against me and always standing close to me. Just before I leave I ask what happened the other day. She says she was really busy but that we should do it some other time.

I know a lot of waitress do these types of things to be friendly and get bigger tips but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case here.

So….. what should I do? Call her again? Should I pursue her if she still doesn’t return my calls. Is she playing hard to get or just enjoys teasing me? :confused:

personally, i think all bar b!tches are just that, b!tches. No offense to any at the LS, but when it comes to men, i think they play a lot of games.

IMO her behaviour was just rude, and I don't give a crap how busy she was.. takes one minute to make a call back and say I'm busy.. so yeah.

I wouldn't call her again.. she knows where to find you if she has an interest in spending time with you ya know? Why waste time on someone who has time for you when her butt is at work but not any real time for you outside of that.

I would not call her back. You are wasting your time, because her behavior does not make it look like she would like to go out with you. Forget the bedroom eyes, etc., it also doesn´t matter if says she would like to hang out with you, if she doesn´t call back, it´s because she doesn´t want to go out with you.

She might be one of those people who don´t want to say No directly, because they want everybody to like them. Give it up, women who don´t call back or don´t contact you are not shy or busy, they just don´t have enough interest.

I hope you have more luck next time, don´t waste your time on this one here. I´m also unfortunately also a real coward and I will not say that I don´t have interest unless someone asks me directly, even though I never played this kind of games as this girl here. If I have absolutely no interest I prefer it when the guy backs off and let me see on my own if there could be more or not. If I´m interested, but a bit undecided for whatever reason I might change my mind if he pursues me a bit more. In your case it looks to me as if she doesn´t know what she wants. She acts very indecisive and in my opinion doesn´t really look like a person you should spend your time with. I personally don´t like people who give off such mixed signals.

Originally posted by jcanuck

I know a lot of waitress do these types of things to be friendly and get bigger tips but I’m pretty sure that’s not the case here.

you are wrong because that IS the case here.

Don't call her back, she's playing a game with you and only enjoying the flirting and seeing how far it will go...Now that she knows you want to really go out with her - She's backed off, yet she'll still flirt with you at the bar.

Stop going to that bar for a while and when you go back, sit in a different section so another waitress serves you.

Originally posted by alphamale

you are wrong because that IS the case here.

Agree. Reminds me of a South Park episoide where "Butters"? falls in love with a "hooters" girl. The flirtations are totally confused with real affection. I hate to say it, but she's doing the same to you. It's a shakedown.

• Author

You all seem to be going in the same direction. I think I'll leave it alone for now. I do like the pub and don't want this to effect my going there. I'll just sit in another section, stay friendly and leave any further contact up to her.

Any more input would still be helpful tho.

FoShizzleMyNizzle

Men, please stop hitting on service women (waitresses, bartenders.)

Stop being a dork too.

No they will never change, only great men like me will make them into followers.

Originally posted by FoShizzleMyNizzle

Men, please stop hitting on service women (waitresses, bartenders.)

actually, men...don't hit on any woman who works for tips. expecially nude dancers!

For heaven´s sake, these are just women who work as waitresses, I don´t know why some posters are turning them into greedy man-eating bitches.... :rolleyes: Where I come from waitresses are just waitresses. Some are greedy, some are not. That´s the same as in some men are stupid and some are not, there´s absolutely no need to demonize these women.

Originally posted by kooky

For heaven´s sake, these are just women who work as waitresses, I don´t know why some posters are turning them into greedy man-eating bitches.... :rolleyes: Where I come from waitresses are just waitresses. Some are greedy, some are not. That´s the same as in some men are stupid and some are not, there´s absolutely no need to demonize these women.

you are right KOOKY. THe problems arise when the STUPID MEN are the customers of the GREEDY BITCHES.

you are right KOOKY. THe problems arise when the STUPID MEN are the customers of the GREEDY BITCHES.

Amen to that Alpha!!! and when there are stupid men co-workers of greedy B!tches.

But maybe the professions turns other-wise nice people into B!tchy relics of their former selves.... not sure on that yet.

• Author

I have dated two other waitress from other pubs. But the jedi mind tricks this one is playing has me very confused. The more I think about it... I don't want any part of it..... whatever IT is.

But the jedi mind tricks this one is playing has me very confused.

just the fact you have utilized the terminology above, JCANUCK, tells me that you have limited experience with females.

just the fact you have utilized the terminology above, JCANUCK, tells me that you have limited experience with females.

:laugh:

ReluctantRomeo

But the jedi mind tricks this one is playing has me very confused. The more I think about it... I don't want any part of it..... whatever IT is.

Truly, the dark side runs strong in this one :laugh:

I don't think your lightsabre will get much work on this occasion :p