Driving me nuts...

seattle0500

Do any of you have friends who just HAVE to let you know whenever a guy hits on them or asks them out? I've started a thread about this topic before...

One of my female friends is doing this. I'm currently dating a guy and she's not, but she's constantly emailing me about the guys who flirt with her, even the ones she has no interest in. It's like she's gotta let me know that so-and-so asked her out while another guy (who asked her out three times, which she must point out, of course) overheard the entire thing.

I like trading dating stories with friends, but I feel like she's trying to compete with me, or else just let me know that so many guys are asking her out. What's the deal?

sorry, just needed to vent.....

Sounds like she's lonely in a very strange kinda way.

IMHO, she IS competing with you but in a way that lets you know she's desireable, just like you.

So it doesn't matter if she's interested or not, she feels she's marketable in the dating world. She wants to remind you this, she wants to remind HERSELF this.

Hopefully she's not within 100 miles of me so I'll never accidentally date her.

But why does she feel the need to prove this to ME? I'm her friend, she's got nothing to prove to me. I don't compete with her at all. It just so happens that I've been dating a lot recently, but I don't advertise it to everyone. I don't tell anyone how so-and-so hit on me or whatever. If they ask, I tell them that I've got a date, and then they pry for more info. But I don't go around talking about it, I just think it sounds kinda pathetic.

Is it just insecurity on her part?