Dumped for someone else. What do I do now?

Mckarsafra

This girl I've been dating and slept with a few times informed me that's she's started seeing someone else. I sent her a text asking if she wanted to get together again and that's when she told me. I told her that hurts me, I'm better off without her and blocked her number.

I'm not crying about it, but I do find myself thinking it's just not worth it to ever pursue or date another girl. Will my feelings change, or is this a normal reaction to something like this? Where should I go from here?

Right now you are in the acute stages. It just happened so the pain is fresh. In time it will subside but it is absolutely worth it to date other people going forward. Hang in there but give yourself some time.

• Like 2

Your reactions are normal, that's a heavy blow and can be confusing.

You will get past the feelings you have now, but I would strongly suggest that you accept, at least for a while, that your feelings and attitude about her, dating and women in general will not be in the best place. A lot of people either go into denial about this in the name of being mature or take ugly feelings as a sign of permanent damage instead of a passing phase.

• Like 1
still_an_Angel

Give it a rest and try again.

We all have crosses to bear, its part of living, you can't appreciate the good times without the bad (they go hand in hand). You're in a slump now but the wheel turns all the time.

• Like 1
  • Author

I feel numb and empty about this, not angry or sad. It just seems dating in general hasn't added much joy to my life, and this was the exclamation mark. I can't see myself coming back to dating. I want to look for something else in this life that's enjoyable and doesn't involve love.

• Like 2

Are you dating to find a partner, get married and start a family, or are you dating for fun times and to not be alone? Both are fine. Just wondering where you are in life.

• Author
Are you dating to find a partner, get married and start a family, or are you dating for fun times and to not be alone?

I've been dating to find a long term partner so I won't be bored and lonely. I've never wanted to get married and start a family.

Edited by Mckarsafra
I've been dating to find a long term partner so I won't be bored and lonely. I've never wanted to get married and start a family.

Well, some girls eventually will want to get married. If there's incompatibility in what people are looking for, then either she dumps you or you her. It's for the best. Don't feel too bad. Hey look on the bright side, you're single, you can date around.

I know, I'd like a relationship, but I don't want to get married or have kids. It's hard to find a woman wanting the same.

It's all roundabout and swings, i look back and to my ex of 3 years, never thought I'd move on. But I have, you will.

Now just got to get over the latest one I like now, been friend-zoned.

But seriously everyone will say and have to agree, got to kiss lot of frogs to fine the Prince/Princess.

first thing's first. Get mad. Really ! Get really mad ! It'll do you good & you'll get out of this state of self pity & mélancholia. Go for a run or kick the boxing sack, to begin with