Sexual attraction

sadpanda3

fitnessfan365

Physically right away. But for me, mental stimulation is also a huge part of sexual attraction. So I need to get to know a woman a bit first to see what her sense of humor and personality is like. I am very attracted to sarcastic, witty, and playful.

• Like 2

It often takes me a few dates. I don't think I have ever gone from thinking I could "never" kiss someone to feeling very attracted to them. But I have gone from maybe / not sure.

In fact, I did it with the guy I'm currently seeing. On date one I was interested in him as a person but unable to picture us getting physical. Date three we had our first real physical contact and I wasn't overly into it. There was nothing wrong but I didn't really "feel" much.

But then it ramped up on dates four to six, and now we have been dating for just under two months and I can't get enough of him. It's hard to believe where we started to where we are now.

It probably did help that he was into me from day one. He kind of carried the burden of dating and making things happen physically while I made up my mind. Now we are both all in.

• Like 1

I'm a dude. I think that matters.

For most women it was at first sight. But for my soulmate it wasn't until date #2. I knew she was gorgeous and all but I didn't have that jump across the table chemistry until date number 2.

• Like 1

Did you ever date people you could never imagine kissing and had that feeling change?

Yep.

In October of 2011, I met a guy who was perfect on paper. I started a thread, that I may have met Prince Charming. I even wrote about our first date:

I have a first date last Friday night. He takes me to a local art museum that stays open late and has live music (Spanish guitar). We make out a little in the sculpture garden under the moon and there is no immediate spark of physical chemistry, but the conversation is mind-blowingly fabulous.

I even talk in that thread about another guy I was seeing with whom I had much more physical chemistry.

Well, that was 2011 and here it is, almost five years later and we have been married two years and I couldn't be happier. (BTW, I'm in my 50s)

• Like 3

For me sexual attraction is fairly instantaneous. No, I've never been in a dating situation where feelings changed/developed over time because I've never dated anyone I wasn't very attracted to in the first place! I believe for women things can change over time but for men it's different.

• Like 3

It depends on how quickly I can get to know a person. But I'm not sexually attracted to anyone based on their looks alone. I'm only sexually attracted to a personality. It usually takes me a while to feel that much attraction for a person, but that's not always the case. Sometimes I can get to know a person really quickly.

mortensorchid

Honestly depends on the person before you. You automatically know yes or no with some people. Others? It's not... Much of anything either way.

Instantaneous! the second I lay eyes on them. I'm not the type that goes though a bunch of dates and waits for it to happen.

• Like 1

I know almost instantly, but it can fade moments later if she says or does something that turns me off. I've had moderate attraction grow when she has other great qualities as well. However, I have never gone from no physical attraction to any higher level of attraction.

I know instantly whether I find him physically attractive, however, this can be amplified or decreased depending on how they make me feel once we start talking.

I may fancy the pants off a guy but would not initiate physically either. Not sure if this is normal for a woman but it's just how I am, I have to have a clear cut sign from a guy..to the point he is literally leaning in for a kiss.

I'd be quite curious to know when a guy finds a woman sexually attractive, how soon he will act upon this- 1st date? 50th date?

I've found it varies too much to even guess! Guys?

Physically right away. But for me, mental stimulation is also a huge part of sexual attraction. So I need to get to know a woman a bit first to see what her sense of humor and personality is like. I am very attracted to sarcastic, witty, and playful.

Same for me 100%. Physically they can be greatly different though.

I have attempted dating men from online who one/some of the above was never 'quite there' for me and each time was a waste of my time. A learning curve in a heck of a lot of ways but dating wise actually a total waste of my time.

I've had men grow on me over time but I wouldn't say I found them unattractive to begin with. More that I was busy with someone else, we had contact over months or years and one day I realised that it had been building towards something. I never had a guy grow on me though who had turned me off from the start.

Yeah I'll know with seconds if I'm interested in them sexually or not. Sometimes I will change my mind (e.g the way they talk is a turnoff) but I will pretty much never go from un-attracted to attracted.

PrettyEmily77
For me sexual attraction is fairly instantaneous. No, I've never been in a dating situation where feelings changed/developed over time because I've never dated anyone I wasn't very attracted to in the first place! I believe for women things can change over time but for men it's different.

I'm a woman and I could have written that post! I'd never entertain the idea of going out on date with a guy I wasn't attracted to.

I've also never not been on a second or even a third date - one date is enough to identify sexual attraction for sure but, for me anyway, not enough to act on it.

• Like 1
This is a very interesting thread.

It is. I'm not that surprised by the guys responses, but I was under the impression that most women don't really know for a while if they are attracted or not. This thread seems to suggest otherwise.

• Like 1
It is. I'm not that surprised by the guys responses, but I was under the impression that most women don't really know for a while if they are attracted or not. This thread seems to suggest otherwise.

I usually know instantly too, but that could decrease depending on how they make me feel after that.

And I'm more interested in the guys responses. lol

I could also have moderate sexual attraction explode into something substantially more (which is soooo awesome), but it would have to be quick, like within a couple of interactions, or else it unfortunately stays in my "ambiguous-attraction-that -is-not-enough-to-do-anything-about" zone forever.

thefooloftheyear

I guess for women the sexual attractiveness stock can rise or fall with bedroom skills and dick size, which has to be "found out", whereas for a guy, if all the parts are there and proportioned right, its usually enough...:laugh:

TFY

• Like 1
I guess for women the sexual attractiveness stock can rise or fall with bedroom skills and dick size, which has to be "found out", whereas for a guy, if all the parts are there and proportioned right, its usually enough...:laugh:

TFY

Well I think that goes both ways...

Like the song from (the artist fka?) prince

Why is your organ so small?"

He replied "I didn't know I was playin' in a cathedral."

• Like 3