What does it mean? Does it mean attraction?

pisces_gurl

I recently went to an alumni dinner event. I was new in the event and a guy I felt was looking at me a lot came to talk to me. He is a regular member there.

He said, "Hey, Why I haven't seen you before" and immediately gave me his business card with his personal cell number.

I told him that I am new to this group and we chatted for a long time. During the time he was talking to me, another guy came in between to talk to him about something personal. But he didn't go to talk to him and continued chatting with me. He was staring at me a lot and I could feel that he was attracted but I do not trust my judgement and gut feeling.

So I messaged him that ,"It's me Mary. Please save my number."

He replied, "Thank you so much for coming Mary!! :-)"

I said, "It was a great event. I will surely come next time too."

To which he didn't say anything

What does it mean? Was he attracted to me? Its only been a day since we met.

Sorry but the instant response and a planned dinner date only works in the movies.

Yes it's possible. If he wants to pursue something he will either A) contact you again say within the next week or B) wait for the next event to ask you out.

Wait and see what happens. :) It's definitely one to work on. And you'll always see him at the next alumni event. He might be planning to get to know slowly - he is attracted for now but is happy to take his time. When's the next alumni event?

I recently went to an alumni dinner event. I was new in the event and a guy I felt was looking at me a lot came to talk to me. He is a regular member there.

He said, "Hey, Why I haven't seen you before" and immediately gave me his business card with his personal cell number.

I told him that I am new to this group and we chatted for a long time. During the time he was talking to me, another guy came in between to talk to him about something personal. But he didn't go to talk to him and continued chatting with me. He was staring at me a lot and I could feel that he was attracted but I do not trust my judgement and gut feeling.

So I messaged him that ,"It's me Mary. Please save my number."

He replied, "Thank you so much for coming Mary!! :-)"

I said, "It was a great event. I will surely come next time too."

To which he didn't say anything

What does it mean? Was he attracted to me? Its only been a day since we met.

He didn't follow up and that's not a good sign. However, he could make a move in the next days.

Either way, try not to think too much or to have expectations. At this point, he might be interested, or he might be not. It's just too early to say

It really depends on what you chatted about for a long time. If it was all business, then that's probably all it was. The way he said thank you for coming makes me wonder -- was he one of the event organizers?

• Like 1

At alumni events, there are usually a few people designated to make newbies feel welcome, so that they return for more events and hopefully become active participants. If he hadn't given you such personalized attention, chances are you probably wouldn't be so eager to return for the next event. Often the same person will give you a quick call before the next event to personally invite you to it. It's all part of recruiting to keep the group growing and active.

It's possible that he likes you, but based on the follow-up text exchange, I'm guessing it's the former.

Either way, go back, and see how things play out. Even if he isn't interested in you that way, there may be other alums there who interest you romantically.

• Like 1
  • Author
Sorry but the instant response and a planned dinner date only works in the movies.

Yes it's possible. If he wants to pursue something he will either A) contact you again say within the next week or B) wait for the next event to ask you out.

Sad but he didn't text again. Nor did I

I am assuming that he is NOT interested. I am not sad because he is not interested, but because why am I catching the wrong signals? Why did I get the feel that was interested in me? My confidence will worsen now! :-(

Anyway, with losing the hope that he is not interested, I also searched him online and got to know some info about him:

1) He is a 41 years old NEVER married artist

2) He is an Aquarius guy with most probably moon in Aquarius too

3) He is extremely social

Sad but he didn't text again. Nor did I

I am assuming that he is NOT interested. I am not sad because he is not interested, but because why am I catching the wrong signals? Why did I get the feel that was interested in me? My confidence will worsen now! :-(

Anyway, with losing the hope that he is not interested, I also searched him online and got to know some info about him:

1) He is a 41 years old NEVER married artist

2) He is an Aquarius guy with most probably moon in Aquarius too

3) He is extremely social

Did you miss the post below?

At alumni events, there are usually a few people designated to make newbies feel welcome, so that they return for more events and hopefully become active participants. If he hadn't given you such personalized attention, chances are you probably wouldn't be so eager to return for the next event. Often the same person will give you a quick call before the next event to personally invite you to it. It's all part of recruiting to keep the group growing and active.

It's possible that he likes you, but based on the follow-up text exchange, I'm guessing it's the former.

Either way, go back, and see how things play out. Even if he isn't interested in you that way, there may be other alums there who interest you romantically.

What is an alumni event?

To me it is for those that graduated from the same class in school. It appears to be something different here.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
fixed quote formatting ~6
  • Author

It a different type of alumni

Not related to university or something

We went to visit different countries through different programs at different times and so now there is a group for all those who have ever been associated with a program.

That makes an alumni program. I dont know 90% of the people there and vice versa

What is an alumni event?

To me it is for those that graduated from the same class in school. It appears to be something different here.

That would be a school alumni class reunion of some sort.

Alumni events are for people who participated in some group/school in the past and still actively identify with it, are engaged with it in some way, and retain certain privileges and benefits with the reference organization even though they're no longer part of it.

So some schools (all years, not a specific year), certain companies, certain fellowships, exchanges, certain supper (or eating) clubs, secret societies, etc.

Is this not similar to a previous thread you posted on the 23 dec 2015?

See below

I am wondering about whether or not this guy might be attracted? I don't care about interested cos i am not going to have anything with him (for many reasons).

Body language clues: I have caught him staring at me a lot of times. Usually, he stares at me when I am NOT looking. We locked eyes for like 5 seconds and it became too awkward and i had to look away first because of my nervousness.

Recently, i gathered some courage and talked to him. It was a small conversation with not much more than introduction, but maybe he is attracted towards me as well. Because

1) When I asked him if he is on Facebook, he replied "No. I hate Facebook and I am not on it. Why don't you talk to me in the campus?

2) Second, when I said "You only come to the campus on Saturdays"

He replied with a smile, "You also only come on Saturdays..."

We NEVER talked before, I observed he only comes on Saturdays because i had a huge almost obsessive stalkerish crush on him and know exactly when is his class. But how did he know that I only come on saturdays?

I am not going to pursue him or anything. But is there a chance he might be attracted to me? Has he also observed that I only come on Saturdays (because he sometimes come on other week days too and I am not in university then) He might be attracted too? I have a huge crush on this guy lol

Any chance he might be attracted thats y he is noticing? I am not talking about interested in a relationship or anything. Just wondering if he might be attracted

Your final text to him was kind of, erm, final. It wasn't personal for him, just "yeah I'll be there next time". He may have been interested, and may very well be wondering the same now, but those texts don't show interest from either side. What I'm saying is, instead of overthinking this, why not text him again and just see if he fancies meeting up. If you want answers, you need to ask questions.

I am with those who think he was some sort of event organiser trying to make those new people at the event feel comfortable.

"Thank you so much for coming Mary" and the lack of follow up texts, sort of confirms it for me.

"It was a great event. I will surely come next time too."

His objective realised, he didn't need to carry on with any more communication.