Dating new girl after 5 1/2 year relationship

pioneer

I split up with my ex of 5 1/2 years about 4 months ago, 1 month later, one of my mates intoduced me to a girl. Iv been dating her scince (about 2 1/2 - 3 months) For some reason, things just dont feel right, i dont know if its because i havent give it enough time or what. I still love my ex, but i know we'll never get bk together. I still havent slept with this girl yet and i klnow she must be wondering why, and i only see her about once a week. In one way, i want to end things with her all together and in another way, i want to keep her hanging on. I dont understand why i feel like this, can anyone help? :(

LucreziaBorgia
For some reason, things just dont feel right

... that's because

I still love my ex

You are in a rebound, and probably the kindest thing you could do would be to be honest with this girl you are with. Let her know that you care for her, but that you are having a hard time because you still aren't completely over your ex. Assure her that it is over with the ex and that there is no chance you'll get back together, but that your heart still needs some time to work itself out.

Ask her if she is willing to still be with you, even though you are having a hard time with it. If she says 'no', then you can thank her for a great time you had and then work on putting your heart back together. If she says 'yes' then you can thank her for her understanding and let your feelings for her continue to grow, as you let your feelings for the ex diminish. You'd be surprised how much easier it is to let go when you have the support and understanding from your current partner, rather than having to agonize over hiding those very natural feelings you have.