Dating a girl who is friends with a girl i have dated earlier (though briefly)?

Lymphocyte

So right before Christmas i briefly dated this girl, we went on two dates that went well, on our last date we made out and i ended up sleeping over at her place, on our last date we did more or less everything except for sex (and the closely related acts).

After our second date, we kept in touch a little, but she became lukewarm, before finally ending it. Maybe she lost interest, maybe she met someone else, i dont know. I told her that it was alright, that she was a cool girl and that i wished her well. We still bump into each other every now and then, we are friendly (we go to the same university).

So the other day i was on this event thing for a friend of mine's boyfriend company. Basically it was a huge party, out of nowhere a girl comes and introduces herself, telling me she recognizes me from when we were kids (and i did have a vague idea of who she is). Our families went to the same parties when we were kids. When she found out what i studied she asked if i knew "name", the girl i dated. Now, turns out they are very good friends. I told girl 2 that i know girl 1 vaguely (which is kind of true). I got pretty well along with girl 2, and now she has added me on facebook. I don't know if she knows that i dated girl 1.

I dont know what girl 1 will make of this.

Need some insight, i might be overthinking, is this a weird situation? Will i come across as desperate if i ask girl 2 out?

Edited by Lymphocyte
Typo in title.

well either you were a dirty little secret for girl 1 and you are in the clear or girl 1 told girl 2 about how you are a sex god/ hung like a Kodiak bear & now girl 2 wants a piece.

I've found women are worse than men when it comes to sex.

They either keep that stuff locked away in the vault and pretend it never happened or they blab to their GF's.

Ask girl 2 out and see what happens.

Don't over think it.

• Author
well either you were a dirty little secret for girl 1 and you are in the clear or girl 1 told girl 2 about how you are a sex god/ hung like a Kodiak bear & now girl 2 wants a piece.

I've found women are worse than men when it comes to sex.

They either keep that stuff locked away in the vault and pretend it never happened or they blab to their GF's.

Ask girl 2 out and see what happens.

Don't over think it.

I never had sex with girl 1, just had some pretty hardcore make out sessions.