Ex sending friend request on fb

Tina185

We are both in mid 40 divorced with kids.we met on dating application I found out he was still on it we had a dispute we broke up. When we were together everything was perfect .after our verbal dispute and our breaking up I sent him SMS which he never answered.after a month in which I can't stop thinking about him I was surprised to get a friend request on Facebook.i confirmed and a day after I asked him why ,we were never friends before on Facebook, he said he will understand if I refuse but since he always found me nice and "saw" my profile on Facebook he said why not it's only Facebook.he is a shy man very careful with words , I still have feeling for him I was hoping we could meet ...is it a good idea I suggest it?

Do you want him to be able to see all your holiday photos, your Valentine's dinner pic with your new boyfriend, your mum's wedding anniversary dinner, etc? And do you want to see pics from his lads holiday in Ibiza, his new gf draped over him, etc?

If not, refuse the request. It is not necessary to be facebook friends with everyone you know. You can communicate perfectly well regarding the kids arrangements by phone, text, whatsapp, email, etc.

Sure maybe facebook might be useful for messaging and photo sharing if you have a good relationship with him and don't mind seeing all his private stuff and don't mind him seeing all your private stuff. But if you don't want that, refuse, and use other communication mediums.

You can communicate perfectly well regarding the kids arrangements by phone, text, whatsapp, email, etc.

I think she meant that they are both divorced with kids when they met in an online site...

You're right, it's not really clear if they are divorced from each other or from other people, or whether the kids are their joint kids or they both have separate kids from other relationships.

If no joint kids then no reason to talk to each other, no reason to be facebook friends.

He thinks you are nice....while you are in love for him. Tells you how much he was not into you and how much he does not care one way or another today. You are just someone nice to add on FB.

• Like 1
We are both in mid 40 divorced with kids.we met on dating application I found out he was still on it we had a dispute we broke up. When we were together everything was perfect .after our verbal dispute and our breaking up I sent him SMS which he never answered.after a month in which I can't stop thinking about him I was surprised to get a friend request on Facebook.i confirmed and a day after I asked him why ,we were never friends before on Facebook, he said he will understand if I refuse but since he always found me nice and "saw" my profile on Facebook he said why not it's only Facebook.he is a shy man very careful with words , I still have feeling for him I was hoping we could meet ...is it a good idea I suggest it?

he is a shy man very careful with words -- If that is the case, why don't you accept what he's said? He chooses his words carefully

Nah.

Past is the past let it stay there.

If he were that interested he would have pulled his finger out before.

Facebook is for friends and family not random blokes.

Do not call this man shy. He was not shy enough to date only you. He still had enough confidence in him to chase after other women while dating you. His shyness is no excuse.

This man didn't like you enough to date only you

He ignored your communication

He does not deserve one minute of your time and attention.

Tina: You're mid 40s. You have no time or feelings to waste on those flakes coming in and out of your life. De-friend him and go on with your life. Concentrate on men that will show you real interest and real respect.

You have feelings for him is no excuse to let him back in your life. You are a mom, when one of your child comes in crying because the neighbor's kid hurt him what do you say? I am sure you don't tell your child to go back there and let that kid hurt him again.