Dating a weird girl

Iroman

I have been dating with a girl but after a while she told me that she has a sexual condition called PAIS, she is intersex , that freak me out, it is something hard to understand, she can't have children and physically she looks like a regular woman but sexually different but I still love her, what should I do?

• Author

I have been dating a girl and I really like her but the last weekend she confessed me that she has a condition called Partial androgen syndrome, when she explained me her condition I scared, however I still like her but I don't know what should I do

So her body over produces male hormones?

That causes acne, facial hair and sometimes male pattern baldness.

I have PCOS and I would need expensive drugs just to get pregnant. Her disorder is even worse on that front. .....

Does she have a deep voice?

Iroman,

First of all, calling her "weird" is out-of-order. The girl has a medical condition, she hasn't just dropped in from outer space.

Would you call people who had Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or Hypertension (high blood-pressure) weird? If so, you seem to be a very unempathetic person.

If you feel you can't be supportive to her, then do her a favour and let her go to find someone who can treat her with love, kindness and respect.

• Like 4

Ok, "weird" was a poor word choice, but it's normal to be apprehensive about possible health issues. I'm not proud of it, but I once bailed because she had diabetes. It's apparently a genetic syndrome that causes sexual development problems but it seems to affect men far more than it affects women. It does almost always causes infertility, however. Jame Lee Curtis supposedly has AIS.

Did your date describe the degree to which she is affected?

Ok, "weird" was a poor word choice, but it's normal to be apprehensive about possible health issues. I'm not proud of it, but I once bailed because she had diabetes. It's apparently a genetic syndrome that causes sexual development problems but it seems to affect men far more than it affects women. It does almost always causes infertility, however. Jame Lee Curtis supposedly has AIS.

Did your date describe the degree to which she is affected?

P/AIS is a genetic condition where a chromosomally XY person is insensitive to androgens. (On a sliding scale from full to degrees of partial insensitivity.) So whilst XY, the P/AIS inteferes with sexual development in utero and beyond. So despite being XY, many are for all outward intents and purposes women (although unable to have children due internal biology). The degree will vary dependant on the level of androgen insensitivity.

OP, go to your local intersex support agency's website and educate yourself. Maybe even contact one of their counsellors who can answer your questions, explain the challenges, and give you some tips on how to navigate this sensitively with your GF.

I wish you luck.

Edited by SolG

PAIS in females is a non-event. It's only significant when it occurs in a male because it causes male genetalia to not form correctly. Since women don't have male genitalia, not growing a particularly large penis isn't really a concern. :confused:

I just feel these days everyone's so judgemental of each other. Oh, oh...this person I'm dating isn't genetically perfect in every way. Better bail. Why don't people just be honest with themselves and admit they are bailing because they can't commit for their own reasons and are using anything and everything as an excuse to pull that trigger.

PAIS happens in XY people, in other words she is genetically a male, although her genitals hasn't formed as male because of insensitivity to androgens.

So it is not a terrible judgement thing :( I mean this person is intersex... They won't be able to have kids, also sexually the genitals will be ambiguous... Not saying that people like this do not deserve a relationship, but there should be informed decision of the potential partner (btw she did tell him the truth, and I admire her for that).

PAIS in females is a non-event. It's only significant when it occurs in a male because it causes male genetalia to not form correctly. Since women don't have male genitalia, not growing a particularly large penis isn't really a concern. :confused:

I just feel these days everyone's so judgemental of each other. Oh, oh...this person I'm dating isn't genetically perfect in every way. Better bail. Why don't people just be honest with themselves and admit they are bailing because they can't commit for their own reasons and are using anything and everything as an excuse to pull that trigger.

PCOS is a condition where a female (XX) produces excess of androgens.

The disorder of this girl is very different: she is genetically XY (male) but her genitals hasn't formed normally as male because she has insensitivity to androgens.

So her body over produces male hormones?

That causes acne, facial hair and sometimes male pattern baldness.

I have PCOS and I would need expensive drugs just to get pregnant. Her disorder is even worse on that front. .....

Does she have a deep voice?

I have been dating a girl and I really like her but the last weekend she confessed me that she has a condition called Partial androgen syndrome, when she explained me her condition I scared, however I still like her but I don't know what should I do

Keep dating her, what the hell, so what if it doesn't work out at least you gave it a shot. I'm sure she is very secure in herself to understand this is something that is not for everyone. You could talk to her more about it.

• Author

I didn't meant to use the word weird, is not correct that word, she is just different, I just didn't know nothing a bout this condition that's why I scared but I will educate myself about her condition, then I can take a decision, I don't want to damage her, thank you for you comment

• Like 1
  • Author

Her voice is regular as regular girl, her body doesn't produce male hormones because her testes were removed when she was a teenager, I didn't noticed about her condition until she told me, actually she is pretty...

Lol not really sure where to start. I know you didn't mean to use the word "weird" but just be careful throwing that out next time.

If you're into her, go for it. She's a female. She doesn't have a penis. Remember that. If you're into her, she's a nice person, then let it go...every single one of us has something "weird" about us. She can't help it. Someday you may have something "weird" about you..when you get to that point you will wish people wouldn't judge you or judge a book by its cover. Don't get me wrong, I would be questioning things a little too I'm not going to lie, but personally I would keep seeing her and wouldn't second guess just for that!

Like I said, someday you, me, and most people will have something weird about us whether that's cancer, diabetes, even old age. Just roll with it and give her a chance. Good luck.

• Like 1

I would definitely give the other person a chance I have one friend who has the condition and she dates quite regularly and has no problems, so I don't really understand why you have such a problem with it. In the end, it really is what is in the heart that matters. If you find someone loving and kind, go for it

• Like 1

How long have you been dating her? Have you been intimate?

I think it is a very tricky situation... She is genetically male. I guess it is similar situation to someone who got gender reassignment, but here it is not by choice but medical necessity.

Her voice is regular as regular girl, her body doesn't produce male hormones because her testes were removed when she was a teenager, I didn't noticed about her condition until she told me, actually she is pretty...

Would you call people who had Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or Hypertension (high blood-pressure) weird? If so, you seem to be a very unempathetic person.

First of all people know about: Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or Hypertension so it is not weird but a known medical condition.

To refer to a rare, uncommon medical condition as weird is just expressing how unknown this medical condition is known not only to the OP but the public in general.

People are taking political correctness too far. And most people are fed up with that. Though many will not publically admit that because the political correct police will persecute them.

Though this is why Trump is leading the polls.

• Like 1

I'm also utterly shocked that intersex ( the person described is actually male by chromosomes) can be compared to PCOS or diabetes.

They CAN have a relationship, even a great one, but OP needs to make an informed decision. Sexually it will be very unusual, biological children are out of question... It is a choice that can't be taken lightly.

(

First of all people know about: Diabetes, Hyperthyroidism or Hypertension so it is not weird but a known medical condition.

To refer to a rare, uncommon medical condition as weird is just expressing how unknown this medical condition is known not only to the OP but the public in general.

People are taking political correctness too far. And most people are fed up with that. Though many will not publically admit that because the political correct police will persecute them.

Though this is why Trump is leading the polls.

Edited by No_Go