What's rebound?

Lily blue

Why people call it rebound when relationship ended?

How do you know it's rebound or true relationship ?

Rebound relationship always ends?

I seen person posted their relationship was rebound but lasted three years.....??

Just curious because I heard this word "rebound" a lot

I just don't understand meaning....

Rebound usually refers to a relationship that begins when the previous relationship has not been fully processed by one of the participants. It's not a matter of the second relationship being doomed by virtue of being next, but because one of the participants still isn't fully "over" the previous relationship and is (often unconsciously) using the new relationship to fill a void or hasten healing, etc.

I seen person posted their relationship was rebound but lasted three years.....??

A rebound relationship is a relationship that starts fairly soon after the end of a previous relationship. The person whose previous relationship just ended thinks they are ready to move on, or jumps into a new relationship quickly as way to distract themselves from the hurt/pain they are in but they can't fully invest themselves in the next relationship because they still have feels or unresolved feelings toward the ex. The new relationship usually ends quickly because of all this. If next relationship lasts for years, it's because that particular couple isn't compatible for various reasons. I wouldn't call that a rebound. Some people may just call it a rebound because it began soon after a previous relationship ended. However, some people will harbor feelings for an ex for quite some time, so it is possible that even a new long term relationship would develop and still end because the partner still hasn't processed everything.

It's all just speculation about someone else's feelings. No one can really know though, except the person themselves. I personally don't buy into the whole rebound notion as always being true. Some people are ready (sometimes quickly!) and some people are not.

Rebounds are real, but where I disagree with the conventional definition is that they're only rebounds if the relationship falls apart in a short time. I think you can rebound into a new relationship and have that last a while, if not indefinitely. My ex got what into looked like a classic rebound, and she's still with the guy almost a year later.