Shy/Nervous Or Not Interested?

ashadetree

There's a girl I recently met through friends. When I first met her we hit it off right away and I thought we had a pretty good connection. However right after that she suddenly seemed to clam up and become aloof. However she has never said no to hanging out when I'm with everyone (we've only had group hangouts thus far since I live in another town and I when I'm there I'm usually visiting friends). However she will do the talk to everyone else except me thing, and I can kind of see her glancing over at me a lot out of the corner of my eye.

I had texted her once between visits to her city just to kind of ping her, and although she was really delayed with her responses she WAS responding, just didn't seem that exuberant in the convo.

I went back a second time and again she hung out with our group the entire time and still seemed so unable to talk to me. Here and there I would try to attempt to make conversation but she was not reciprocating. I couldn't tell if she was nervous around me or just didn't want to talk to me. She would occasionally make a little quip to me here and there but that was about it. When someone is acting like that I have hard time approaching or flirting with them so I was about to throw in the towel on her. The thing is I think her friend (who I had also just met) was flirting with me very openly. This led to a lot of frustration on my part because unfortunately I'm just not that attracted to her :/ So I don't know if the girl I'm interested in saw this and maybe backed off.

However the day after I left she texted me out of the blue saying "Hey did you say you liked The Big Short? I was like zzzz". I was a bit confused by this but my friend said she was probably into me. So we bantered back and forth about the movie for a bit.

I mean....I don't get it. What in the world is going on? I suppose she wouldn't bother to text me if she wasn't interested/didn't like me. And I doubt someone who just wants to be friends would text something like that. But why won't she talk to me when I'm around in person?? And where do I go from here?

The next time you see her in person, you walk up to her & you talk to her. If that gets a positive response ask her on a date.