cocky and funny...how does it work?

uongy

ive been reading alot about dating and related stuff lately and ive come across this phrase cocky and funny.its a term used to describe being funny but making fun if potential partners at the same time.

in a way,jerks are like this.they are confident,able to tease girls while attracting them at the same time.

i know this works because ive seen it in action.thing is,im quite the opposite.im nice,considerate and caring.i dont tend to make fun of things,to tease girls.i realise this is what ive got to do to get girls.

any tips on how i do this?

Be confident and capable of laughing at yourself at the same time. Generally, I find those that can do both are cocky and funny.

Just look for little things that she does that you can make fun of. For example, if a girl tells you how she left dinner in the oven too long and overcooked something, remember that. Next time you have a date and are deciding where to eat and she says she can bake lasagna, you can start getting a little uneasy and say something like you are not a fan of having a charcoaly taste with your italian food or say ok, but ask if she has a fire extinguisher just in case. A while back, a girl in my office I used to go out with was complaining about a party that a guy coworker invited a bunch of people to, including me, but not her. I said with a straight face, "well, it may just be that he finds me more attractive than you." She has a good sense of humor, thought it funny, and that was our running joke for a while - whenever we saw him together, I would pretend to seductively flip my hair while he was not looking while she was trying her hardest not to laugh. The boring response to this would have been just to be her therapist and discuss why she did not get an invite. Just keep it playful and she will see you as being fun and humorous and not an a-hole.

Like Pocky said you need to be confident.

Don't be afraid to flirt, if you have confidence this will show. Don't be afraid to make the first move.

um, noooooooo, you don't have to be a jerk to get girls. Duh, the only reason those "jerks" get girls is because they are hot! If you're an ugly jerk, you don't stand a chance. My husband is a "jerk" He'll make fun of me and put me down in a playful way, and until I got used to it as his way of *flirting* I would get pretty pissed!

No! Respect is MUCH more attractive than acting like a jerk.

Maybe the particular girl that you have your eye on is attracted to men who put her down playfully. I wasn't. I don't know HOW I ended up with someone who calls me Skag and Pork Rind butt for pet names :confused:

Just be yourself. Don't ever change your personality to attract someone for goodness sakes. If you're attractive to someone, then you are, and if you aren't, you aren't. You can change your APPEARANCE in some ways to attract someone *aka dress differently, or do your hair differently* but don't ever fake a personality for someone, because get real...in five years, when you're sitting on the couche eating chips, and this person that you faked for walks in, they are going to realize that they were duped :eek: