Had first date today. Really dont understand this girl

spazzo246

Hi Guys! I need help trying to understand a situation im in.

I met this Incredibly shy girl one year ago at Comicon im 22 and shes 20. From there we added each other on Facebook and left it at that.

In the last 6 Months we began talking more over Facebook and seeing each other in person (group settings).

In the last few months I began to have feelings for her and asked her out. We had the first date today. It was Lunch and movies.

The date went ok. There were a few hiccups like dead conversations consisting only of small talk and random comments. A severe lack of question asking (I think this is aiming towards here shyness, but still) from her end. As much as I tried to keep the conversation flowing, there is only so much I can say before it got silent and awkward.

The other thing was. And this could be because she is incredibly shy. She asked me no questions what so ever the whole day. The talking from her end was just basic responses to my conversation.

We talk so much on Facebook. Nearly every day and the conversations between us go on throughout the whole day and then when it comes to meeting in person everything does a 180. I mean sure shes a shy person and finds it easy to talk more online rather than in person, but still you'd think if you talk that much online she would have some sort of interest in me?

Talking so much online inst something that 2 people who are "just friends" do, is it? Its how people in a relationship/dating act. Right? Unless the whole "friend zone" bs comes into play.

I really don't get this girl. As much as I want to keep perusing the friendship and bring it further I cant read what her intentions are and figure out if they are the same as mine.

I think it might come down to me legit asking her how she feels about me. Would this be a wise thing to do? In person? Over facebook/text? (leaning more to this as how shy she in in person)

I really dont know what to do here. Can anyone shed some light on my situation?

Thanks!

I think it might come down to me legit asking her how she feels about me. Would this be a wise thing to do? In person?

Heres one way... Show a little charm and emotional vulnerability, I'd ask in person. Perhaps just explain how you feel, and that not knowing her position on all this is tormenting you.

That gets the conversation started. Good luck.

• Like 1

I just think it's all down to her shyness. It's far easier for shy people to communicate via social media as opposed to face to face. I wouldn't read to much else into her behaviour at this point. Just concentrate at making her feel at ease during the dates.

• Like 1

You met a shy girl at ComicCom. You have great conversations on line but huge lulls in person. Answer: she had limited social skills because she has spent most of her life to date hiding behind devices & technology. She had no meaningful idea how to interact with an actual person. It has nothing to do with friendzoneing you. It's a deficit in her social development. It can be over come with time & a lot of patience.

• Like 1

Don't ask her how she feels about you. She's shy. She has limited social interaction skills. Only time will tell whether there's something there. Be prepared for an uphill battle to bring her out of her shell.