Do girls try to hook-up with strangers over the phone?

dunnoname

I just called a women to help me out with something. I have no idea where she lives or what her name was but afterwards she asked me if I needed anything, this happened to me on other occasions also. I never tried or even thought about hooking up with a chick over the phone I don't know, but she did sound hot. Can some ladies give me some insight?

also I must add yesterday I talked to a woman at the doctors office over the phone that I thought was doing this also, I told her I would see her tomorrow and she got excited, then I just said ok bye, then she was surprised I wasn't talking to her more, I am very confused because I try to hook-up with chicks all the time over the internet, where I can see there pics, but this rarely works why would a girl think I would hook-up over the phone if I don't know what she looks like or know anything about her, its not like we are having personal conversations.

Edited by dunnoname

I suppose some women do. However, I would think it's rare. Since you perceive that it happens often to you -- women try to hook up with you over the phone -- I suspect that you are misinterpreting kindness from people in helping professions (like the woman at the doctor's office) for romantic interest.

• Like 3
mortensorchid

I guess it can and does happen, although if it has happened in the past I am not aware of it. But never say never.

A beautiful voice does not mean a beautiful woman.

You may love the voice and when you meet you may wonder why you ever thought she was hot.

I will never forget this friend of my wife. The first time she called, I thought, "Wow! What a sexy voice!" When I met her, she was far from sexy to me. She was a very nice person, and I really liked her, but her voice did not match her appearance or looks.

Many women are more open on the phone than in person.

And as donna said, it is so easy (especially as a guy) to interpret friendliness for romantic interest. "Do you need anything else" does NOT imply some inquiry as to whether you would like some sexual favors.

• Like 1

A long time ago I was in a similar professional position where I had to talk to people on the phone. I generally was just being friendly. I did really enjoy it when I got someone I clicked with or could joke with because it made my day more interesting/fun.

I wouldn't necessarily turn down an advancement in some of these situations (like when I worked retail) but being friendly on the phone wasn't meant to imply romantic interest.

One thing I'll mention is that women are different than men here. We can find a guy more or less attractive based on things other than looks. As an example I have a funny-looking guy friend. Not at all what men think a woman wants - balding, heavy, short, glasses, underemployed, cheap, etc. But he can get girls 20 years younger flirting, fighting over him, asking him out, etc. That's because this guy is really good at making a woman feel comfortable, make her laugh, etc.

The second difference I've noticed between men and women (generalized statement) are that outside the workplace men will only talk to women usually only with the interest of sex/dating. He will talk to her to get a chance with her, to see what it might take to date/have sex with her, etc. There is usually a motive and men usually don't like talking with women they aren't attracted to. Women will just chat with men without a motive just because we want to chat. I've noticed this often results in a lot of misunderstanding between the sexes.