Unsure of intentions

Angel29

There is a guy I have liked for a while but I get mixed signals from him. He shows interest but struggles to get his words out in my presence. We have mutual friends who put on events on Facebook. He puts his name down for the events and then doesn't show up without telling us.

Randomly we got matched on a dating website. I sent him a message on the dating website as people tell me he likes me and I have always liked him. He didn't even respond to my message yet he had read it and I saw he had time to comment on other forms of social media. I closed the match down as I thought he can't be interested as he would have replied.

Two people keep telling me to give him a chance but I feel sick and tired for being taken for a mug for someone who is too lazy to reply to me and doesn't even bother showing up without reason which I think is rude. On his dating profile he puts he is dependable! Whenever he doesn't come I always feel disappointed. Another friend thinks he has autism. Any thoughts?

He's just not into you. Please see the sigs, don't listen to the people who tell you to keep insisting. Protect your heart.

If a guy is into you, he'll move mountains to connect. He hasn't replied to your message, he's ignored you. What else do you need to just forget about him?

He's either shy or inexperienced or not interested enough. You're very likely wasting your time. Move on and find someone who isn't afraid to show affection and appreciation for you.

Actions speak louder than words (his own or his friends' assurances) He's giving you neither.

He's not into it. I wouldn't bother with this one.

mortensorchid

He's not interested in you. THis sounds like a guy I knew years ago who said he went out with this girl the other weekend and he really liked her. But everytime he called her she screamed and hung up the phone, or when he saw her in public she would scream and run the other way. He asked me what that means. I said "You really don't need ME to tell you what that means, do you?" Unfortunately if one party is not reciprocating to the other, ain't gonna happen.

If he struggles just being around you, can't talk/message and doesn't show up for events, then it's obvious he has social anxiety. Anxiety can be really debilitating, preventing him from having any normal relationship with others. When people don't understand the disorder, they feel he is being rude or disinterested, but that is so far from the truth. You messaging him probably made him crap himself in fear to what to do next. What friends he has are trying hard to help him out by encouraging you to be patient. I'm sure in time he will feel comfortable around you....maybe give him a bigger nudge, be more forward with him. But that's providing if you want to do a lot of the work. Your call.

Edited by smackie9
  • Like 1