Needy versus non-needy

rainrhonda

I have recently had the pleasure of 2 opposite guys pursuing me.

There seems to be no perfect medium between neediness and no neediness.

The needy guy wants more time and attention than I am able or willing to give. The "nice" guy who is super nurturing and giving, who looks out for your comfort and needs at all times... Very nice to have, but also tends to the controlling or smothering and makes ya feel like ya can't breathe.

Then there is laid back guy. He has no problem with Giving you space, and he doesn't expect you to revolve your life around him. Yet, he also doesn't seem to care about your feelings or needs near as much, which can be just as annoying as the guy who smothers you. He is emotionally detached, while needy guy is overly in touch with emotion and it gets on your nerves.

I guess can women can be divided into the same 2 categories? Is there such thing as the perfect medium between the two?

mystikmind2005

I think it is a bit of a Yoda situation... they either do or don't do! lol

If you are really into a guy you won't be thinking about if he is too needy or too distant, you will just be thinking about the next kiss!

But consider this... the needy guy will probably be far more likely to become less needy as he becomes comfortable in the relationship. And the distant guy will probably be far more likely to become even more distant as he becomes more comfortable in the relationship?

• Like 1

I guess can women can be divided into the same 2 categories? Is there such thing as the perfect medium between the two?

I think that women can be divided into those categories, to think otherwise would be to assume that women always hit the proverbial sweet spot.

People will always need some adjustment when pairing off.

• Author
I think it is a bit of a Yoda situation... they either do or don't do! lol

If you are really into a guy you won't be thinking about if he is too needy or too distant, you will just be thinking about the next kiss!

But consider this... the needy guy will probably be far more likely to become less needy as he becomes comfortable in the relationship. And the distant guy will probably be far more likely to become even more distant as he becomes more comfortable in the relationship?

That's a sensible theory. However, I have dated the more needy one in my past and sordof felt like the more involved it got, the more needy it was.

I only dated laid back guy for a brief time, so its hard to say how longer term would affect him..

I guess perhaps it just depends on the individual and what they desire and when...