Last time you cold approached/ were cold approached (non bar/party/club setting)

barbossa

In closed off areas it is much easier to do, some people gain much confidence with alcohol, and people are more friendly at a mutual acquaintances filled places such a party

( I talked to 50 people at a networking event, all strangers, may attractive females--- we were expected to meet each other so this doesn't count)

At the above settings I have Boss status, can talk to really hot girls and CEO's alike no problem ( it is easy to talk when you bring up a mutual acquaintances an on going game/event or expect to be hit on)

BUT

I am talking about in public place, and you approached them with intention of trying to get a number, a date ( no directions or saying hello as you walk by) on a bus, train, grocery store, park etc.

Answer

Last time you did it/ were approached?

Where?

How did it go?

How often do you see what you want and go for it?

One_Made_of_Silver

A few months ago a woman held the door open for me as I was leaving a restaurant. She was attractive so I just asked her what she ordered and we had a conversation from there, at the end of which I asked for her number. Nothing ever came of it, but I guess that's the only time I've ever done what might be considered a cold approach in a public place, and it was extremely out of character for me. I never approach random women in public. Generally, women are only receptive to conversation if they've seen you several times before.

That said, I think going up to someone with the sole intention of getting their number and a date is probably the wrong way to go about things and puts way too much pressure on both parties. Guys should just want to have a conversation, and if it goes well and she seems friendly and enthusiastic, ask if she wants to talk again some time.

I make lots of small talk so I "approach" all the time with no goals.

I did date a guy from a cold approach recently. Basically we were all in a store, and he was talking about something, I chimed in. We talked for a while. Lots of chemistry. He asked me for the number at the end of the convo. He called the next day to go out, and we did. We dated on an off for a year.

I went out with someone else I met at a coffee shop. That one had a weird outcome. He went on a date, and during the date I found out he had a girlfriend.

Do what seems natural. But go with the flow. If it seems right, ask for their contact info and follow up soon enough so they don't forget the encounter.