How to avoid being used as ego boost/talking partner

barbossa

You would think i would have learned by now but no.

"female friends" I have/make are present and talkative when they hit me up because they feel sad and want to complain about how lonely they are and how bad their bf is. Otherwise they are "busy" and " didn't see my messages"

Some are flirty even though they have had bf's and of course dumb me thinks i have a shot but just waste my time and effort

I would rather not have these fake one sided "friends"

Any advice? experiences?

Ummm - it sounds like you know how to spot them - they only respond when they need you and they ignore you when they don't. If you notice that type of behavior, simply stop spending time with them or accidentally miss their messages...it's not hard to do. If you suspect it and don't like it, just don't spend time with them...don't make a mole hill into a mountain...

• Like 2
fitnessfan365

Need more information.

1) Are you asking these women out and they're rejecting you with "friendship" as an alternative?

2) Or are these women you become friends with because you're too scared to ask them out in the first place?

Only thing worse than what you describe is actually HAVING a girlfriend who does it.

Ask me how I know.

The last one I had, was always about her only, UNLESS she needed to discuss how I fit into her plans.

I didn't even catch on to it until later.

Women can be like that, and take it to the extreme.

You are fortunate these women aren't your girlfriend. As such (what they are), you should discard them from your life, and seek out better to associate with.

Let them whine to their boyfriends.

You don't need to be their shoulder to cry on.