From neutral to smitten

seekingluck

I posted another thread about a budding crush on a remote work colleague (we don't work at the same company, and he is a consultant to mine, so I am not worried about the work part.)

And I couldn't figure out what exactly changed. I mean we had met months ago. I initially thought he was attractive but had zero interest. Not totally sure why at this point, guess my brain was elsewhere.

And then in recent months, it changed. And I couldn't figure out why, but then I had a revaluation. So I thought I'd share.

We only started working closely together in the past couple months. And during that time we talked more one on one. And that is when we started to figure out there were similar interests and values. It is the sort of thing where it feels like we should have already been friends as we have so many commonalities, and of course like I have already known him forever.

But really what pushed him over for me, is that it feels like he is personally interested in and invested in my well-being and success. It is strange as technically we hardly know each other. And this investment is just building gradually over time. He is even a little bit protective, in the short time I have known him.

It is interesting, as he is very interested in my success and helping out where he can. Our next "date" (location tbd) is to help me make a decision on career next steps. His idea.

And all of this is happening really before we have actually gone out and spent lots of real time together. We are texting, we've had a few phone calls but not much one one one time - just a lunch.

It is exciting, interesting and weird all at the same time.

Has something similar happened to you?