negging

JasmineJones

Do men not realise that most women are probably fully aware of what negging is and not really fooled by it?

LOL, I was "negged" a few weeks back, and gotta admit, felt a bit of a sting for about two seconds ....until the guy actually admitted to negging me!!!

• Like 1
  • Author
JasmineJones

Yesterday a complete stranger walked up to me and said "you'd be hot if you weren't too tall like you are." But I hadn't asked him for his opinion or offered him a date. I was just standing outside a grocery store holding bags of groceries. He seemed to think I would respond to his comment but I just walked away from him without saying anything. I think I was negged!

Yesterday a complete stranger walked up to me and said "you'd be hot if you weren't too tall like you are." But I hadn't asked him for his opinion or offered him a date. I was just standing outside a grocery store holding bags of groceries. He seemed to think I would respond to his comment but I just walked away from him without saying anything. I think I was negged!

I think he was maybe just an assh*le Jasmine.

You were right to not respond and walk away.

And yeah, I think you were negged too!

Jesus.

• Like 2

For some guys it's an ingrained habit because they were socialized with it at their father's knee; for others, a strategy they learned and perfected. Those who are successful at it balance charm and charisma with a few shots thrown in, often in the guise of 'jokes'. The more attractive they are, in general and all else being equal, the more likely this balance will be accepted. Since men generally are pragmatists, they do what works, in general. If negging works for them, in general, they do it; if not, they try something else. Same with any other social hack. The best of them can read a woman like a book. Impressive.

• Like 1

"Negging" seems to be a favored tactic and/or created by the MGTOW movement.

I, too, do not respond to "negging", as I like to do MY part to assist the men in keeping their promise to themselves to "go their own way". ;)

Oh, and yeah...you were "negged". It's *cute* when strange men (who also are strangers) really believe that their personal opinion on whether or not they'd do a woman matters one iota in the Grand Scheme of Things. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Author
JasmineJones
"Negging" seems to be a favored tactic and/or created by the MGTOW movement.

I, too, do not respond to "negging", as I like to do MY part to assist the men in keeping their promise to themselves to "go their own way". ;)

Oh, and yeah...you were "negged". It's *cute* when strange men (who also are strangers) really believe that their personal opinion on whether or not they'd do a woman matters one iota in the Grand Scheme of Things. :rolleyes:

He wasn't even good at it!

Jasmine, essentially you are dealing with this concept on a deeper level in your other thread:

"you're beautiful, but I'm not good enough for you".

It's my understanding that a proper neg is something like teasing and let's be fair, teasing girls is just fun as hell :p I just don't think it has a place when you approach a girl. Why not just walk up and say "Hi" instead?

I just shake my head when I think of what has become of modern relationships. The fact that negging is even a thing just shows the s--t show that dating has become.

• Like 3
  • Author
JasmineJones
It's my understanding that a proper neg is something like teasing and let's be fair, teasing girls is just fun as hell :p I just don't think it has a place when you approach a girl. Why not just walk up and say "Hi" instead?

Just saying "hi" is so underrated. It's the perfect way to approach somebody though.

According to Urban Dictionary (the authority on all things new and cool), "negging" = "low-grade insults meant to undermine the self-confidence of a woman so she might be more vulnerable to your advances".

Doesn't read like "fun" to me; it's about as close to 'playful teasing' as her pointing and laughing when a man removes his pants in her presence for the first time.

*Odd* that putting a woman down is done in an attempt to level the playing field and that the thought of, instead, upping their game hasn't occurred to some men.

• Like 1
I just shake my head when I think of what has become of modern relationships. The fact that negging is even a thing just shows the s--t show that dating has become.

men have been doing this for centuries....it's only by social media, and people putting a title to it that makes it modern.

When I was neither I or many of my friends ever did this. Sure we might have spouted some cheesy pick up lines but no negging.

Do men not realise that most women are probably fully aware of what negging is and not really fooled by it?

If you're good at negging then the woman shouldn't even realize it, it's only guys bad at begging that get caught out. Maybe it doesn't work on most women, but it only has to work on some for it to be considered a good technique.

I personally don't neg because I always end up hitting a nerve.