It makes me angry that I am right about this

mortensorchid

mortensorchid

The other week, I saw someone from the past. It was the old Alpha Male aka Bad Boy bf. For some information on it, check this thread:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/second-chances/549322-forgiveness

We met up at a coffee shop, he said his piece on how and why things happened the way they did. She was psychotic, going through his email, Facebook, phone, etc. checking if he was communicating with other women / potentially cheating on her (which he wasn't according to him). I'd heard of women like this, who demand that their bf/husband not speak to other women for any purposes, when in fact they (the woman) are prone to cheat on their men. She then banned him from speaking to all friends, starting with women friends and then trickling to the men as well. This woman's jealousy and demand that things would be all about them was so great that she even banned him from speaking to his sister and mother, and when his sister got married two years ago, she refused to attend it because his sister did not ask her to be in the wedding party, but decided to crash it to draw attention to herself. He finally walked away a few weeks/months ago because she became a vegan eco warrior, demanded that he give up eating meat and that he participate with her in protests. And she was cheating on him with some other guy.

I was a bit blown away to hear this story, needless to say, but the real rub was that he said he went to couple's therapy with her to try to work things out with her. Of this I was stunned. This brat ruined so many things for him, leaving him without a friend in the world and destroying so many things around him, and yet he tried to work things out with her. They weren't even married and he tries to go to therapy with her?

I told him I accepted his apology, we're good. This doesn't mean I am taking him back, not by any means, but this just proved to me once again that the double standard can/does exist. Men go off all the time about women wanting Bad Boys? Well, this I do not deny, but we never talk about how it is that men would rather have trashy girls instead of good women. That's happened to me more times than I care to think about now, as well as to other women friends of mine. Of this I will never see the end of.

Experiences change people. Even when they don't always consciously recognise it.

Perhaps at some level, he grew to accept you were right. That the way he acted was a mistake. That he was going to "do better the next time".

It's actually a pretty common pattern for people.

In any case, it sounds like you've moved on with your life and made peace with it.

Men go off all the time about women wanting Bad Boys? Well, this I do not deny, but we never talk about how it is that men would rather have trashy girls instead of good women. That's happened to me more times than I care to think about now, as well as to other women friends of mine. Of this I will never see the end of.

This is true. It's domething people do.

I have a great friend who has tons of amazing women fall for him and nothing, but find him the horrible cheating worthless one and he will be smitten. I've known a few guys like this, and a few rather despicable girls who have men fall madly in love with them constantly.

Some people fall for those wrong with them and no gender does it more.

I don't understand men or women like this. Why would anybody choose somebody like this over a faithful person who they can have a sane relationship with. If you need this kind of drama in your life in order to feel excitement then you must be a boring person.

That being said stop spending so much energy and thinking on this guy. He apparently likes being treated like this so leave him to it.

• Like 1