Something i don't understand

Martin the Warrior

Martin the Warrior

Hello everybody i would like to share something that happened to me and maybe some of you could shed some light.

So a little bit of background I work in security in one of the Universities ,A few months back during work i have met a lady student which i helped her with her broken Cell phone ,analyzing the possible fault on her phone (it was a cracked screen ) and directing her to a reliable Repair shop ,anyway she repaired it came back to me and told me about it ,and i said to her "Well i am glad that everything worked out for you",and that's it she left,at that time i felt that too bad i can't talk to her more and get to know her better,but i said to myself you are at work ,you help people for the sake of helping them and not to gain anything.

So here and there i would seldom see her on campus and we only exchanged hellos and that's it.

A week ago i was on duty patrolling in science Fair in the campus and i met her again once again only exchanging hellos ,then an hour or so later i see her again and ask her how are you doing? she said she is OK.

Now here is the funny thing one of her flippy floppies was torn and she was looking for the staple the held it ,so she asked me "could you please accompany me while we search for it?" And i said sure .

And we walked on the Lawns in campus at that time i asked for her name and introduced myself .

To no avail we have not found this staple :laugh::laugh:

anyway then she was looking for a place to charge her phone and we found a building in campus with an available Power outlet .

Now she plugged her phone and we set on a stair case not far from it.

On those stairs there was a ribbon to mark it that no one will go beyond this point ,but we both sat behind that ribbon.

From that point we talked for almost two hours ,and i got to know her better ,at that time she would periodically check her phone which means get up go to her cell phone and when she got back to me each time i raised that Ribbon so she could pass easily under it ,and here is the turning point she told me "thank you ,you are such a gentleman,to bad you don't live in my town."

I told her that i try and that her town is not that far away (and hour or so).

from there she asked for my age and so ,we are at the same age late twenties.

and some point of the conversation she complained about someone not replying to her texts ,and she said "I hate it when people are not replying to her",and i said yeah hate it too and i always take time to reply to people.

during this conversation She asked for my Phone number and we exchanged numbers and Facebook names.

Form there my end of the shift came and we both were heading home.

She asked me if could help her with her backpack and i said sure.

so i carried it for her.

Because she was one foot bare i told her hold me so it would be easier for her to walk ,so she did and we held hands (i was in complete disbelieve hahaha).

We sat on the bench waiting for our bus ,while we were waiting she laid her head on my shoulder (Once again i was in disbelieve :p ).

Anyway our bus arrived and we got to another central bus station ,and we were holding hands until we got to a shop where she got herself a new pair on flippy floppies.

from there we were waiting for her bus home ,before she left she hugged me and asked if we could talk on the phone? ,and i said sure.

anyway we parted ways ,I texted her have a good night and a safe trip .

She replied the same.

Now me and her we use Whatsapp messenger ,and i noticed later that she disabled the option for people to view when she is connected or if she read the messages.

I understood that it's because of me but whatever.

Two days later i texted her ,how are doing ? how was the week ,and she answered that everything is cool how are you? i said i am ok got to sleep finally ,some thing really generic .

And that's it the conversation ended there ,at that time i was busy with arrangements so i didn't have time to talk that much and i was called for work to help out there.

Anyway during the weekend i was thinking about asking her out or not which in the end i concluded that i owe it to myself at least to try it.

A few days later after watching a few short texting tutorials ,I decided that once again i will ask her how she is doing and then after she reply to me i will drop the bomb and ask her out.

You can Imagine my disappointment after i texted her how are you doing? blah blah blah, she ignored me ...... i was completely confused.

i didn't even got the chance to ask her out.......

Now i did not bombard her with texts i did everything by the book .

Anyway it is very confusing for me ,because i thought she is interested and i thought that at that age there are no BS games.

My theory either she was deterred by the fact she barely knows me ,or she is no longer interested .

So my friends maybe some of you with more experience could maybe have a better insight then me? and explain what went wrong?

I thank you all for your patience and help .:)

Edited by Martin the Warrior

Dude she wanted to talk on the phone, you texted her. Fail.

You want to show any interest to a lady you call her, and ask her out for a meet up to talk some more. You didn't even give her a compliment like, "I really enjoyed talking with you......" "I'd like to see you again, maybe we can have a coffee at this outdoor cafe and talk...."

Edited by smackie9

maybe she already has a boyfriend? - the person she was checking texts from on the stairs - and you were a welcome distraction for a few hours. maybe they were in a fight, or a rough patch. women like attention and talking with men.. maybe you were filling a short-term need and she was just being nice by exchanging numbers? my bet is that she has a bf, b/c it doesn't sound like this was asked or clarified?

• Like 2
  • Author
Martin the Warrior
Dude she wanted to talk on the phone, you texted her. Fail.

You want to show any interest to a lady you call her, and ask her out for a meet up to talk some more. You didn't even give her a compliment like, "I really enjoyed talking with you......" "I'd like to see you again, maybe we can have a coffee at this outdoor cafe and talk...."

Thank you for your comment ,the thing is that in the first time it was late almost midnight ,later i was busy with my job.

Also i wanted to keep conversations Face to Face rather then phone calls ,but yeah it's also may be the reason for that.

maybe she already has a boyfriend? - the person she was checking texts from on the stairs - and you were a welcome distraction for a few hours. maybe they were in a fight, or a rough patch. women like attention and talking with men.. maybe you were filling a short-term need and she was just being nice by exchanging numbers? my bet is that she has a bf, b/c it doesn't sound like this was asked or clarified?

Yeah that is also a possibility ,i thought so too ,but there is no relationship status on her Facebook ,and she asked for my number first.

Well if that's the way it is then that's the way it is ,maybe things will change and i will try again i don't know it's quite frustrating that little things can ruin it all .

Thank you for your comments.

I don't think you did anything wrong. When a woman likes you she is happy to hear from you with anyway you chose to contact her.

I think someone else came along. I will only get up and go out of my way to check my phone if I expect a text from a man.

• Author
Martin the Warrior
I don't think you did anything wrong. When a woman likes you she is happy to hear from you with anyway you chose to contact her.

I think someone else came along. I will only get up and go out of my way to check my phone if I expect a text from a man.

Thank you for your comment,Yeah i think the same,maybe there is some one else ,there are many possibilites.

Anyway i sent her a text asking her out ,if she will ignore this then i will put it behind me.

I am giving it one last shot.

• Like 1

She may have a boyfriend, you might have bored her, she may be playing hard to get....

Just find out. Call her and ask her if she would like to go with you to get some food or a drink or something.

• Author
Martin the Warrior

Hello everyone, thank you for your comments and insights.

I will conclude of how it ends for me.

So today since this week i finish off early and today is last day that i finish early at work ,i decided to go against the rule book and decided to ask her out ,

I knew this attempt was futile and i knew it was a gamble that i am taking .

But i had no choice ,it was now or never , so i texted her asking how she is doing and would she like to meet up for some coffee and if she is available this evening.

To my expectations she ignored it , so when my shift ended i decided not to bother her and myself anymore.

In other words i put this behind me and it's funny what a difference a week can make , 10 days ago we were holding hands and everything was fine and a week later she won't even speak to me.

I can't deny that the outcome is not frustrating and disappointing,but i can say that i am not disappointed of myself , i tried and even though it didn't work i am still happy that at least i gave it a shot.

I will stay friends with her if she even bothers talking to me again.

And i thank you all for giving me more perspectives on this situation.

It might be my fault or not ,bottom line we can't control or predict what people want or expect.

From this we can all learn that no matter what we always owe our selves to at least try, in love or in any other subject.

I wish all a great weekend Thank you all.;)

Edited by Martin the Warrior