Not working

Slaimi

So last month me and a female friend were at this party, we were REALLY good friends in elementaryschool but then we lost contact in highschool. She told me that she that she still liked me and so did i, so we tried to make this work but we're both too shy to do anything and now she has messed me up emotionally because i've always liked her and if this won't work between us im gonna get sad/depressed because she is the love of my life and if i lose her i will never be able to accept myself for letting this happen, it feels just like this : https://www.google.fi/search?q=we+all+have+that+Robin&rlz=1C1SAVI_enFI508FI508&es_sm=93&tbm=isch&imgil=ivzgSKCKzIsHtM%253A%253Bf1o4yrHtY-GUnM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Ftwicsy.com%25252Fi%25252F36P7ke&source=iu&pf=m&fir=ivzgSKCKzIsHtM%253A%252Cf1o4yrHtY-GUnM%252C_&biw=1088&bih=534&usg=__pPe-p5jXgKk8SU0m4fRPI4_SvcI%3D&ved=0CCsQyjdqFQoTCKPct6LqnMgCFWQRcgodFOULaw&ei=ntIKVqOVKuSiyAOUyq_YBg can anyone give me some advice

Calm down. Your life isn't over.

Get up your nerve & make it work. If she's shy too she will appreciate you making the effort & taking the risk.

• Like 1

You put her on a pedestal and if it doesn't work it's a disaster...well it doesnt have to be like this, look at her differently hang out more, ask her out,be funny and try having a good time its not the end of he world if it doesnt work you know....

• Like 1
ExpatInItaly
But it feels like how much i try, i just can't get it to work if she's not in with this with me

You're right.

But you know what? You will eventually move on. It's not the end of the of the world, even though it may be very painful. You need to stop telling yourself that this will be a horrible disaster, and that she messed you up emotionally. You are responsible for your emotions and your responses to others. Sometimes their actions are hurtful, but you need to understand that you absolutely can get past this.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well we're both going to this festival this weekend so im just gonna tell her how i feel about the situation we're in tell her that this won't work if we're not both in this, if she REALLY likes me that much like she said (told me i was the "perfect husband" etc.) then shouldn't she do something about it, right...?