The 'double take' is it enough to approach?

Gaeta

There is this man in my building that makes me weak in the knees :-)

For almost 2 years now we give each other the 'double take'.

We spoke a few times and when he opens his mouth I blush and I lose the ability to speak hear and see :-)

Today I went to my dentist who's office is on the same floor as this man's company. Again the double take when I went in dentist and when I went out.

I know why I give him the double take, I just don't know why he gives it to me. Is it a 'that's the woman I like' double take or it's the 'look at those big boobs' double take.

Do I approach or not?

Do I make it more obvious I like him so he approaches me?

Do I forget about it cause a double take means nothing?

Too risky because we work in same building?

What if he is not interested and I become the joke of the whole 5th floor?

AHHH!!

Do it. I mean what do you really have to lose? My current GF was the one who initiated and it impressed the hell out of me, as I'm sure it would for most guys.

Have you checked his left hand for a ring? Not that that's any indication cause many men don't wear a ring, but it's a start.

Maybe you can scope him out and watch when he goes into the elevator alone one day, and then scoot in there real quick before door closes, and strike up convo.

Couple of weeks ago, a man asked me out in the elevator of my building!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with striking up a conversation. It signals intent but there's enough ambiguity there so you wouldn't feel embarrassed if they didn't take the bait. I say go for it :)

Even if it doesn't work out, it won't be as bad as you're imagining. There's no sin in conversation and a lot of people casually flirt even if in a relationship. A conversation doesn't have to lead anywhere but if it does, just take it from there.

• Author

Couple of weeks ago, a man asked me out in the elevator of my building!!

Really? how did he do that?

I'm on the 4th floor and he's on 5th, that's a pretty short ride to ask someone out lol

Well it's been almost two years and he's never asked you out. So if he was interested, wouldn't he probably have made a move by now? Of course, he could be one of those guys who waits for women to ask them out. So who knows..LOL

• Like 4

Gaeta, seriously stop with the double takes, and strike up a convo. :)

Once you start chatting (it could be about the weather, it doesn't matter)....if you are really attracted to him (which it sounds like you are) your energy/vibe will reflect that and HE will sense it.....and.....if he's attracted also, HE will ask for your number.

Whenever I am super attracted to a guy, I don't know what it is, but they always seem to sense it...and if they're feeling it too (which has usually been the case -- i.e. chemistry) -- then they will take charge.

Assuming he's single that is....

So just be yourself - strike up a "meaningless" convo....let your energy/vibe shine through.... and see what happens!!

I'm on the 4th floor and he's on 5th, that's a pretty short ride to ask someone out lol

It was super fast, but he was there visiting another attorney in another office and we were both waiting for elevator (the elevators in my building are soooo slow)....and he struck up a convo.

He basically said "hi, how are you"? I responded "fine, you?" then we started talking about how hot it's been outside, he asked me if I worked in the building, I said yes, and then asked him....he said no he was a client of another attorney, and when we got off elevator in the lobby, he asked me flat out if I was seeing someone, I said yes, he said "dam, I would have loved to take you out to dinner sometime."

And that was it! :)

• Like 1
Well it's been almost two years and he's never asked you out. So if he was interested, wouldn't he probably have made a move by now? Of course, he could be one of those guys who waits for women to ask them out. So who knows..LOL

She's got to send him her "vibe".... she has not done that yet -- all she's done are double takes!

Like her, he doesn't know why either .....

Someone's got to do something or nothing ain't ever gonna happen!

• Author

Him and I strike a conversation a few times in the elevator and outside.

When I get in the elevator he pushes my floor before I get to it.

The double take are when we are too far to say hello. If we are at a talking distance we do talk. Sometimes there's 10 people with us in the elevator too.

I was thinking of handing my card with my personal phone at the back?

And say something like ' I think you're hot' lol (joking)

• Author

Are you laughing at my guy? ;-)

Maybe he is intimidated.

• Author
2 YEARS? that's ridiculous.

Sometimes weeks go by before we come across each other, sometimes months, so yes 2 years fly by pretty fast.

Him and I strike a conversation a few times in the elevator and outside.

When I get in the elevator he pushes my floor before I get to it.

The double take are when we are too far to say hello. If we are at a talking distance we do talk. Sometimes there's 10 people with us in the elevator too.

I was thinking of handing my card with my personal phone at the back?

And say something like ' I think you're hot' lol (joking)

How about this -- next time you and group from work go to happy hour, casually ask him to join you.

Like, if you run into him on a Friday (scope him out...lol)... while you are casually chatting, you could say "hey, a group of us are heading to Xxxxxxx tonight after work, you are welcome to join us if you don't have plans already. It'll be fun!" Something like that?

That's pretty darn harmless and let's him know you're at least somewhat interested in getting to know him.... without being too bold about it.

If he is attracted Gaeta (and single)....he will be ALL OVER that.... :)

I agree with fitnessfan. If he was interested, he would've made a move by now. I mean, two years? I suppose you could try to be forward and slip him your number, but definitely make sure he isn't wearing a wedding ring first.

• Like 1

Great opportunity to practice your literal elevator speech! :lmao: Except now you have 10 seconds instead of 30. :lmao:

• Like 1
I agree with fitnessfan. If he was interested, he would've made a move by now. I mean, two years? I suppose you could try to be forward and slip him your number, but definitely make sure he isn't wearing a wedding ring first.

Oh come on. I know a couple who are married now, and when you ask them how they met, they say (or the husband would say) "oh we worked at the same company, but we were both too nervous to approach, so we basically stared at each other for a few years lol, until I finally got the nerve up to approach and asked her out."

But it could work the other way around too.... there's nothing to say that Gaeta can't be the one to invite him to HH or something like that, next time she goes out with a group.

It's a start!

• Like 1
  • Author
Just put those big boobs to work and find out, Gae. :)

I'm gonna have to do that, don't I !

Operation big boobs!!

• Like 2
  • Author

Guys don't be horrified at the 2 years. We probably run into each other like once every 2 months. I also did not see him from March to August, I thought he had changed job.

• Author
Gaeta hun, what about your park guy?

He called saying he forgot he was volunteering at something something for Church.

I'm gonna have to do that, don't I !

Operation big boobs!!

Now you're talkin. ;)

You have big woman-balls Gae. I know we all have our moments of doubt but never act (or fail to act) out of fear. You own this. :)

• Like 2
you could say "hey, a group of us are heading to Xxxxxxx tonight after work, you are welcome to join us if you don't have plans already. It'll be fun!" Something like that? If he is attracted Gaeta (and single)....he will be ALL OVER that.... :)

I think she should just say, hey let's grab a drink after work.

Going with her office gang would be awkward in my opinion... unless he's a raving extrovert, which is unlikely given the situation.

If I'm interested in someone I don't want the first meeting to be hanging out with a gang of strangers, and I probably wouldn't want to feed the gossip mill either. One on one is way to go.

• Like 1