new to dating

sydneyman

Hello every one

I am seeking some help and advice from the ladies

Ok a few basic facts. I am 54 and she is 49. I am long time single being a full time father to my children whilst she is only recently separated i.e 2 years

We are both part of our local community and see each other reasonably often as school functions and the local watering hole etc and have many many mutual friends and aquaintences. There has always been an interest on both sides. Or so I have been told by her friends

The summary of our history is this. we have on 2 occasions being alone at the local where an interest was flagged by both of us. I ramped it up by having a "DATE" recently....great night had fun etc but she did send conflicting signals as to her interest.....eg....i have fun with u as against i am not really ready for a relationship etc etc etc

So whilst i am certainly interested in going futher i detect that she isnt

so my question is this. I have decided that due to her not being interested in MY belief and i could be wrong but dont think so......I have decided NOT to persue her. However I dont simply wish to walk away and say nothing and be accused of "Ghosting". she maybe relieved lol but then she may not be be. So am thinking of sending her a message saying the following

Hi "XYZ" how are you. Sorry i havent been in toch for a week or so. As u know i really enjoyed our night out and i would love to see you again which i made quite clear after our date. However I sense that the you dont feel the same way.....I am uncomfortable with seemingly just walking away. just not sure if you are interested or not?????....regards XYZ

ladies may i ask yr opinion as I am concerned about putting her on the spot per se but dont whish to just vanish into thin air especially as we are both locals

Your insights would be greatly appreciated as I am veryyyyy new to this dating game after so long away

Do you guys think a message along the lines of what i posted above is a good idea or not

Kind regards Sydney man

Most would just ask for another date. If she says yes and does go for another date then she must have some kind of interest or she just needs more time to see if there is interest. BUT by all means date other people in the meantime.

NEVER ask a woman if she is interested or not.

EVER.

It's a major turn off to them.

Ask her out again.

If she says no then she should know why you are no longer contacting her.

and you will no longer contact her if she says no.

But, if you see her around be totally friendly & cool.

maybe she will change her mind.

Maybe she won't.

But you can't focus on a woman that can't decide if she is into you or not.

• Like 2
  • Author

smackie....and phineas

thanks for your input.......its enlightening to recieve this.....u guys probably think I am a moron lol.....but hell when u havent dated in 12 years.....one has few clues in this day and age

thanks again

sydneyman

The note is just fine! You tell it exactly the way it is, so refreshing. It's nice that you have not been on the dating scene for years. You haven't picked up disillusionment, tricks, bad habits, fears, and I hope you never will. From the info you gave, she also hasn't been serial dating. If you send the note, you will know what you want to know.

• Author

thank you for your thoughts Maggie, greatly appreciated......wow....amazing how people give differing advice isnt it and thats what makes us all unique....no on is right or wrong of course

aghhhhhhhh the pitfalls of modern dating....yes i really feel for woman as i hear the stories of ghosting and being stood up etc etc etc etc.....but hey it can be tough on us men toooooooo lol

there is one positive aspect though as we get older......we dont get as hard on ourselves if we make a fool of ourselves sometimes lol

Have a great day all

and i will let u know how i get on whether it be good or bad lol

Cheers

Asking a woman if shes interested is a sign of weakness. You are giving her the power to decide.

Just be the fun man, the socailable one. The persistant and consistant man who wants to be the one.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Yeah i wouldnt send that. As others suggest, just ask her out.

Though as its been a week of no contact, she may already be on here complaining about ghosting ;)

• Author

an update for those that were kind enough to make the effort re giving advice

saw her at the local last night......she offered me a drink and said shall we go out the back for a smoke (yes we both do stupidly lol)

so i said XYZ...i really enjoyed the other night and well maybe i didnt read it to well but as u know i stated i have a great interet in u but i assumed u didnt so i left it at that but was uncomfortable at possibly been seen as a ghost

yeah yeah i know i know i can sometimes be too honest for my own good

well hell.....we have a 2nd date tonight lol

few issues possibly as a friend of hers said that she is in not the best of places right now being recently divorced and her brother dying 12 months ago in a frightful death

so its go slowwwwwww for me which is wht she needs

so all thank you again

greatly appreciated