Do you write down your dates Pros and Cons?

st8toftheheart

st8toftheheart

Just wondering how you folks would react if you came across a pros and cons list of yourselves at your SO's place?

Recently starting seeing someone and about 2 months into I accidentally came across a pros and cons list of me. I know how they dealt with it on Friends :p , but what's people real life experience?

I myself was hurt at first and questioned the relationship. Eventually, I told myself it was her right to eveluate me since we were relatively new, even if I didn't like the format she chose to do it?

Was I wrong? Thoughts?

It would weird me out a little. Are you sure it wasn't planted? I do believe in writing down your 'wants' before a relationship, that way when your brain is foggy with love, you can still go back and see what your true 'wants' are.

So, how'd you rank?!

Each person has a different method for making decisions. While I would have a checklist in my head, maybe she found it easier to write it down. I think most people, when making serious decisions, weigh both sides.

Most people probably do this in their head. She wrote it down and then left it around for some reason. I wouldn't be mad about it unless she had some really bad cons for you!

:Thinks about the movie Along came Polly:

I think everyone does this... regardless if it's written down, said out loud, discussed with thier friend's, or as Tiki said.. in thier own thought's...

I can see your point that it would wig ya out a little to see the "List" especially when you get to the not so good crap about you... but obviously your girl still thinks there is enough good there going on... so good to go.

• Author
st8toftheheart
Originally posted by tiki

It would weird me out a little. Are you sure it wasn't planted? I do believe in writing down your 'wants' before a relationship, that way when your brain is foggy with love, you can still go back and see what your true 'wants' are.

So, how'd you rank?!

It wasn't planted, because I came cross it totally by accident helping her move something. I picked it up thinking it was garbage and voila.

She found the fact I was a gentleman, old fashioned and funny a pro, but cons were that I'm a metrosexual and a bit of a label queen.

So I guess the pros meant more to her than the cons, cause she's still with me. But sometimes seeing something like that can send you into self doubt about yourself. Trying to understand why things would be seen as a Con to someone, especially one that you care about.

Obviously I wasn't meant to see it. So I took that into consideration when I was assessing how I felt about it.

Originally posted by st8toftheheart

cons were that I'm a metrosexual and a bit of a label queen.

:confused: Whaaa? Those are cons?! No way man.

• Author
st8toftheheart
Originally posted by Hund1976

Most people probably do this in their head. She wrote it down and then left it around for some reason. I wouldn't be mad about it unless she had some really bad cons for you!

I guess I was more hurt than mad really. Seeing cons, regardless of the level severity, can have an emotional impact. But you're right, everyone does this type of assessment.

I can't honestly say that I didn't do the same. I just didn't write it down.

But no one likes to see what other people don't like about them.

• Author
st8toftheheart
Originally posted by tiki

:confused: Whaaa? Those are cons?! No way man.

That's what I thought. But I guess it made seem a little superficial. But I guess my other traits calmed that fear?

But no one likes to see what other people don't like about them.

Oh I don't think it's neccessarily that at all. I may like that you're a flirt, but find it to be a "con" in a relationship. There's a difference.

Originally posted by naive_2001

I have done this before, but only when I had to choose between 2 guys.

:confused:

True. :o

• Author
st8toftheheart
Originally posted by tanbark813

As long as "big d!ck" was in the Pro category, I'd be fine with it. :D

Oddly enough, I could start a whole other thread on that topic.

• Author
st8toftheheart
Originally posted by naive_2001

I have done this before, but only when I had to choose between 2 guys.

Ouch. I never made the connection. You just brought something to mind. This could have actually been a reason. And the reason why she didn't feel comfortable talking about it, and could explain something else.

Ok, I'm just scaring myself and jumping to conclusions.

why not create a pro/con list of her and accidentally leave it somewhere where she may just find it...

right, and you may want to leave "unable to suck kock properly" off the cons list. just so that you don't get put in the dog house for a wk or two.

Ouch. I never made the connection. You just brought something to mind. This could have actually been a reason. And the reason why she didn't feel comfortable talking about it, and could explain something else.

Ok, I'm just scaring myself and jumping to conclusions.

Right! Don't jump to any conclusions. Given my past experiences - it isn't necessarily about chosing between 2 people at all, just because you are mulling over something in your mind....

And like you said - you did the same thing, you just did not write it down.

You know in your intentions if you were evaluating her against another lady or just against want you want, think you should have, or just to see what is there. Make sense?

Maybe she just didn't feel comfortable talking about it - because it was something no one aside from herself was supposed to see - kinda like reading someones diary or old emails without their permission.

And if you have any issues with it - before jumping to conclusions, you should discuss it with her.

I think that's a clever thing to do :D