POLL: how have/would you respond to someone telling you they like you?

HansonGirl

based on your actual experience and what you would think you'd do, what would be the way you respond to the following? (in terms of directly addressing the message and your subsequent behavior around them)

A) text message from a friend confessing they have feelings for you. it is just a friend and would like to keep it that way, just as friends.

B) text message from a friend who aren't that close with confessing they have feelings for you. You are NOT interested in, not even so much as a friend.

C) Text message from a coworker (but a friend) saying they have feelings for you.

D) text message from a friend confessing they have feelings for you, and you could be into them but aren't sure

E) text message from a friend confessing they have feelings for you and you ARE into them!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here are my answers...

A) I would tell them how flattered i am and how sweet it is, but tell them that I really value our friendship and want to keep it as friends. Then i would still be friendly but maybe be slightly distant. I would show them i want to be friends but definitely not give any mixed signals.

B) I would tell them that I am really not interested in dating (or in them depending on the person), and then I would just like not talk to them and hope they get the message. I wouldn't do anything beyond hello and goodbye.

C) Tell them I am flattered, but I don't date coworkers!

D) i would say aawwwww and maybe send a smiley face. I am not sure how i would behave in this scenario. it hasn't happened to me yet. Maybe i would tell them honestly that I would like to get to know them more and maybe we could grab a drink together.

E) I would tell them i like them too and then hopefully we'd plan a date together.

Please say honestly what you did / would do, and not just what you think we want to hear. i know my answers probably aren't the most ideal. but some of these scenarios i have actually experienced, and that's what i did or was done to me!

Edited by HansonGirl

I would actually ignore all of the text messages, except for the guy I'm really into. For him, I'd immediately get him on the phone and ask, "did you just send me a text message?" and go from there.