Difficulty getting past the first date or even getting to the first daye

Anthonyl

Hi everyone!

I am a 22 year old gay man living in NYC.

I am not really into the gay culture (bar hopping, getting drunk, hooking up, sleeping around, clubbing, drinking, etc) which leads me to believe that that is the reason why I am having difficulty meeting someone to be my boyfriend. Maybe it is that I have high standards (I want someone that communicates, not arrogant, compromises, trustworthy, good morals, physically attractive, and accent is a plus).

I have literally been on 40 dates with 40 different men since February 2015.

Now I finally meet someone that there is a genuine connection with (please see my earlier post) and I'm afraid it will be another fail.

Any suggestions?

Finding someone that is suitable and like minded for a relationship can be difficult for anyone. I always felt you will meet someone at settings where your interests lay, like if you have an interest in art, you go to art shows, galleries, etc. There will be better quality matches rather than an a bar.

• Author
Finding someone that is suitable and like minded for a relationship can be difficult for anyone. I always felt you will meet someone at settings where your interests lay, like if you have an interest in art, you go to art shows, galleries, etc. There will be better quality matches rather than an a bar.

I have tried all of that already. I mean at 22 I shouldn't have gone through 40 dates in 6 months. I just don't know what to do.

Is it because of the way I look? I know you don't know what I look like but it's so hard to feel so alone all the time.