Am I getting mixed signals?

jonniep

[COLOR=#222222]Greetings. Great forum btw! I'm a junior in HS and schoolstarted this past Wednesday. There's this girl that I liked and I found outfrom her friends that she also likes me. Whenever I talk to her she's alittlenervous but always smiling, laughing and sometimes when I say something funnyshe would say something really loud in response. In the past when she's aroundher friends she talk like normal but I can tell when I stop by she would getshy and smiles a lot. Whenever I text her she would always respond within 2-3minutes, mostly right away. Her text is filled with exclamation and smileyfaces. This past Friday we decided to grab some yogurt after school. We had agreat time, conversations went great and she smiled and laughed a lot. I thengave her a hug and she gave me a tight hug (no pats on the back).

A group of us friends decided to go to the amusement park yesterday and we wentdecided to go with. I asked her if she wanted a ride but she said her friendswill pick her up and we'll meet there. I know she doesn't live in a big house,is that why she doesn't want me to see especially when we're just starting off?At one point broke away with our group of friends at the amusement park andwalked and talked by ourselves. Whenever I touched her back or arm she wouldjust give me a full genuine full smile (not those fake I have to smile types).Again, we had a great time spending the day together. When we had to leave, itwas just the two of us there and she put her arm out and smiled as she wanted ahug before we left. She gave me a big hug but then noticed two very light butslow pats on the back. Felt more light light pats that you give a baby tryingto go to sleep.

I thought pats on the back is only friends only. Could the light pats meannervous or more of a comforting thing for her while she hug or something else?Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/COLOR]

There's no way to tell from the pats on the back. While light pats on the back might mean just friends they could also be done out of habit. I'm guessing she probably doesn't have a lot of experience hugging someone in a romantic way. I would look at the bigger picture to gauge her interest.

Or here is is a terrifying thought: tell you are interested and ask her if she feels the same way. At this age she is not going to expect a ton of confidence because she doesn't have a ton of confidence either. Trust me. It's ok if it's a little bit awkward. She still might be impressed by your bravery in coming out and telling her you are interested. Most guys your age would be too scared.

There is a possibility her parents don't allow her to have a BF or hang out with boys hence the reason why she had her friends pick her up.

As for the hug, she will respond more if you were more confident in being more physical with her, but not in a needy way.

BTW I thought school starts in September.

Versacehottie
There is a possibility her parents don't allow her to have a BF or hang out with boys hence the reason why she had her friends pick her up.

As for the hug, she will respond more if you were more confident in being more physical with her, but not in a needy way.

BTW I thought school starts in September.

True about the parents. Also might just need to keep hanging out to see what develops. It's high school; she's probably somewhat shy and inexperienced. The pats were just a little portion of the bigger picture. Seems good so far. She could have been nervous too.

Some schools in California started last week so he is not trolling about that part.