Girls, will this hurt my chances with young women?

BeaveCake

I'm only 20 and I'm already half balded, it's so thin on top I have no option but to shave the sickly stuff to the skin, so now I am bakd like Bruce Willis etc and I'm very concerned what youbg women will think, I mean I'm only 20 and I admit I have high standards looks included so I understand if a girl needs that too. And I really don't want to wait until 30's to date an attractive girl. So do you think this will severy hurt my chances? (Many say I pull it off well despite my skin tone that stays pake no matter what attempt at tanning and the fact I'm a smaller guy

It will only hurt your chances if you allow it to. ie. get all self conscious and unconfident about it.

Just like some guys prefer blondes and some prefer brunettes, some women prefer bald heads and some hate them. Just concentrate your efforts on those that love it.

• Like 8
Penguin_hugs

I think it only becomes an issue if YOU make it one. If you go around with a "woe is me" attitude then that is more likely to turn women off you! If you are light hearted about the matter and don't really mention it- then I can't see it being an issue.

My uncle went completely grey at age 15- he dyed his hair til he was 20 and then gave up and got a grade 1 cut. It's never been an issue for him!

Also a housemate of mine- he's probably aged around late 20s is bald like that too, but has facial hair- he's not struggling with women!

Personally it's down more to attitude.

Also try not to judge others either. If you meet a girl with the perfect personality but she doesn't hit your 10/10 criteria looks wise- don't immediately dismiss the thought of dating. Looks fade!

• Like 1

I have never once been put off by a bald head.

I have however been put off by guys who have a "thing" about it. If they shrug and act as though they are accepting or make a joke about it... *Damned testosterone stealing my hair!* then I have no problem what so ever.

I got into quite a "pickle" over a bald guy that I really fancied a few months ago. Sadly he wasn't as into me as I was him... I guess his bald head didn't hold him back...

My brother is also short (5ft 5) and had lost most of his hair by the age of 22/23. He has never had trouble attracting the ladies.

Bald heads do not detract from gorgeous eyes, sense of humour, morals etc...

• Like 1
Lois_Griffin

An already bald guy at the tender age of 20. Damn.

It seems just about everyone is walking around with a shaved head to hide their baldness so you won't be unique. Not a fan myself, but It seems most women like it or are used to it so I guess you won't have a problem with it.

If you have the looks to have those 'high standards' you said you have, then it's all good. If you don't, you might want to readjust you're expectations.

• Like 3
TouchedByViolet

It hurts your chances but it's not a death sentence. If you are tall, strong and handsome it will still be easy. Sucks to have your feelings of youth stolen at a young age though.

• Like 2
  • Author
I think it only becomes an issue if YOU make it one. If you go around with a "woe is me" attitude then that is more likely to turn women off you! If you are light hearted about the matter and don't really mention it- then I can't see it being an issue.

My uncle went completely grey at age 15- he dyed his hair til he was 20 and then gave up and got a grade 1 cut. It's never been an issue for him!

Also a housemate of mine- he's probably aged around late 20s is bald like that too, but has facial hair- he's not struggling with women!

Personally it's down more to attitude.

Also try not to judge others either. If you meet a girl with the perfect personality but she doesn't hit your 10/10 criteria looks wise- don't immediately dismiss the thought of dating. Looks fade!

I walk around unashamed of my bald head I don't hide under hats etc. I just worry what girls will think, and she doesn't need to be a 10 in fact the main deal breakers for me are face and shape of body, I need a slender girl and has a great face. She doesn't need an amazing chest size etc. my limit is about a 7 on attractiveness scale I'd say, although personal preferences do affect the 'scale' so to speak but 7 is the line

• Like 1
  • Author
An already bald guy at the tender age of 20. Damn.

It seems just about everyone is walking around with a shaved head to hide their baldness so you won't be unique. Not a fan myself, but It seems most women like it or are used to it so I guess you won't have a problem with it.

If you have the looks to have those 'high standards' you said you have, then it's all good. If you don't, you might want to readjust you're expectations.

So you couldn't? And I'm a smaller guy but people say I look decent I'd say the lowest id date on attractiveness scale is 7

It will absolutely hurt your chances - as some women really like a full head of hair, so you'd be at a disadvantage with those women - you have to be realistic about it. That said, there are plenty of women that don't really care that much about hair - so there will be plenty of options - I wouldn't worry about it too much. As others have said, the biggest issue is if you come across as self conscious about it...

Nobody is "perfect" and I've known plenty of very handsome bald guys in their early 20's. The bald look suits some guys and it's never an automatic deal breaker for me. If I'm attracted to you, I'm attracted to you..pretty simple. I also work in medicine and I think it's made me very understanding and less critical of physical flaws in people. Now, that doesn't mean I'm attracted to everyone I see, but being bald is just a good example of something I could care less about.

• Like 1

Won't hurt your chances even a little.

I'm way, way older than you, fully shaved head and get literally tons of women who are your age.

I'm not saying this is the right personal path for me (working on that), but I get more women without hair than I did with hair.

One thing everyone seems to forget is the guy who stands out garnishes most of the initial attention.

Shaved heads stand out.

Also, when you have a shaved head, everyone treats you differently. You go from sweet pretty boy to someone everyone respects, just through the use of clippers.

Amazing how your outward appearance dictates basically everything in your life.

Working on mine right now in another thread.

Bottom line... I got more female attention after I shaved my head than before.

Also, using one soap from head to toe and not styling hair adds years of free time to your life! :lmao:

• Author
It hurts your chances but it's not a death sentence. If you are tall, strong and handsome it will still be easy. Sucks to have your feelings of youth stolen at a young age though.

I'm 5'8 and weigh just under 140, I lift weights and get good tone but no mass, also my skin is a type that just doesn't tan so I'm kinda pale. But my face and eyes were always my strongest features and people bring those up a lot more now. And my head shape is alright. As far as youth as long as I can get a girl who is attractive while we're both still young I could care less about the hair, and people say I look about 22-25 tops usually they guess early 20's (so if anything maybe it's good because until I wrinkle I won't show my age when I am older haha) so it hasn't impacted my perceived age much

• Author
It will absolutely hurt your chances - as some women really like a full head of hair, so you'd be at a disadvantage with those women - you have to be realistic about it. That said, there are plenty of women that don't really care that much about hair - so there will be plenty of options - I wouldn't worry about it too much. As others have said, the biggest issue is if you come across as self conscious about it...

I get that some will turn down a guy due to no hair just as I turn down a girl who's overweight, we all have preferences and deal breakers, so as long as there's still a decent percentage if young women who don't care enough about hair for it to be a deal breaker, (and there are decently attractive girls in that group) I'll be fine. I was just more curious if it's considered deal breaker for the majority

• Author
Having a shaved head has never affected my 'chances' with the opposite sex, ever.

Shaved to the skin though? Like Bruce Willis bald?

I'm 5'8 and weigh just under 140, I lift weights and get good tone but no mass, also my skin is a type that just doesn't tan so I'm kinda pale. But my face and eyes were always my strongest features and people bring those up a lot more now. And my head shape is alright. As far as youth as long as I can get a girl who is attractive while we're both still young I could care less about the hair, and people say I look about 22-25 tops usually they guess early 20's (so if anything maybe it's good because until I wrinkle I won't show my age when I am older haha) so it hasn't impacted my perceived age much

Every mark you have against you limits your pool of potentials. Yes, a bald head at 20 will limit your pool some. Your height will limit it some too.

But - there will always be women out there who are open. Nobody is EVERYONE's cup of tea.

So if you get a "no", just keep going until you get a "yes".

• Like 2
  • Author
Every mark you have against you limits your pool of potentials. Yes, a bald head at 20 will limit your pool some. Your height will limit it some too.

But - there will always be women out there who are open. Nobody is EVERYONE's cup of tea.

So if you get a "no", just keep going until you get a "yes".

My fear is those who are open I wouldn't find attractive. If a girl is decent looking she'll probably avoid the bald guy won't she?

My fear is that bald is one of the worst physical strikes a man can have at this age, on par with being fat would you say? And as far as my height I'm not too concerned , I'm at basically the national average for a guy and I'm taller than most girls I meet

• Author
It will only hurt your chances if you allow it to. ie. get all self conscious and unconfident about it.

Just like some guys prefer blondes and some prefer brunettes, some women prefer bald heads and some hate them. Just concentrate your efforts on those that love it.

I know of no young women who prefer bald, especially the attractive ones, it's more a girl who is more able to get past it I'd say, and again if she's attractive she can obviously have her pick, and would choose the 99% with hair

40 Fonzarelli

It won't hurt your chances. There's a difference between bald and balding. Just keep it shaved all the way. Some love the bald/buzzed style and others like man buns. It's no different than some women liking blondes over brunettes. Whatever you do, you have to own it and show confidence.

• Like 1

I'll try to be realistic and I'm hoping you're not naive or delusional.

Of course it will affect your appeal, if it didn't then all guys, even guys like me with perfect hair, would shave it off. Imagine the time and effort saved on not shampooing, conditioning, blow drying and styling hair — oh wait you don't have to imagine it you live it :laugh:.

Most women expect a full head of hair, some don't mind a bald head, but only a very few actually prefer it. There are some famous celebs that are shaven but bear in mind that their facial features would make up for it. It's like when a GQ guy wears a bowtie and attracts women, and then a fat guy sees & does the same thinking it's all because of the bowtie.

Having it clean shaven is way better than having a thinning top. It shows that you're over it and doesn't give off that "only going to get worse" vibe. At the end of the day when you walk into a club you're bound to find at least 1 or 2 girls that either don't mind or even like the bald head look, but don't expect your appeal to be as high as if you head a full head of hair.

My fear is those who are open I wouldn't find attractive. If a girl is decent looking she'll probably avoid the bald guy won't she?

No. Looks have nothing to do with what you find (or don't find) attractive.

My fear is that bald is one of the worst physical strikes a man can have at this age, on par with being fat would you say?

No, I don't think so. The thing about physical strikes is that they are VERY individual. Each woman will have her own list of must-haves and dealbreakers. Only way to find out is to go out there and try.

And as far as my height I'm not too concerned , I'm at basically the national average for a guy and I'm taller than most girls I meet

Depending on the woman, one or the other may be a strike against you, or both, or neither.

• Like 1
  • Author
I'll try to be realistic and I'm hoping you're not naive or delusional.

Of course it will affect your appeal, if it didn't then all guys, even guys like me with perfect hair, would shave it off. Imagine the time and effort saved on not shampooing, conditioning, blow drying and styling hair — oh wait you don't have to imagine it you live it :laugh:.

Most women expect a full head of hair, some don't mind a bald head, but only a very few actually prefer it. There are some famous celebs that are shaven but bear in mind that their facial features would make up for it. It's like when a GQ guy wears a bowtie and attracts women, and then a fat guy sees & does the same thinking it's all because of the bowtie.

Having it clean shaven is way better than having a thinning top. It shows that you're over it and doesn't give off that "only going to get worse" vibe. At the end of the day when you walk into a club you're bound to find at least 1 or 2 girls that either don't mind or even like the bald head look, but don't expect your appeal to be as high as if you head a full head of hair.

Actually I've been told it looks better than when I had hair given head and face shape, and I know rarely is it a preference. But you act as though it's VERY crippling on the dating scene '1 or 2' girls won't mind? So you're saying the vast majority will view it as a deal breaker? You act like this is the same offputtingness (if that's a word) as a fat guy etc. seriously though, I've done several anonymous polls on a site where you ask questions anonymously to members of the opposite sex and it's usually under 1/3 say they couldn't, whereas for the rest while it's not a preference it's not a deal breaker.

You seem to say id only have a chance with a couple girls in a crowd and chances are they weren't attractive, am I right in the way I took that?

And your little quip about hair is not appreciated, the hair fell to a condition after my father passed, so if your proud to say alot of your worth is in you little beiber cut maybe you should be on a hairstyling forum. My family was all military so we never 'styled' hair, you buzz it and keep it low. I've never had gel in my hair but once when my cousin in school for it wanted to try something...I was not happy.

Getting defensive in response to a non-aggressive comment will limit your dating pool more than a bald head ever will.

Lift weights, learn about Women, get a good job and focus on yourself. Trying to "find someone" without "knowing yourself" is a waste of everybody's time.

• Author
Getting defensive in response to a non-aggressive comment will limit your dating pool more than a bald head ever will.

Lift weights, learn about Women, get a good job and focus on yourself. Trying to "find someone" without "knowing yourself" is a waste of everybody's time.

The prick was being a bit of a flaunt given how he says I may find a couple but most won't like it while he made a point of describing his hair as perfect and talking about bald being an experience and then goes 'oh yeah you are!' Basically. I lost it due to family death , and I will never respect a person who is a braggart or even close too. Military family, and I've seen members of the family knock people down for less.

I'm only 20 and I know myself and expectations very well, no one my age is set up in a good job except for someone who coatails careers off mom or dad and I am starting college and taking skydiving courses, I'm a very interesting person you could say so I'm not some basement dweller. But I know plenty of people who haven't 'figured it out' and are in serious relationships with attractive girls so I shouldn't have to lag behind due to a condition I have no control over. And I do know more about women than most guys my age, I take relationships very seriously and only want one in the end, for my age I've come a very long way, and turned down girls I thought were attractive who just wanted sex. I don't want that, I want something real then after a long while sex with a girl I find attractive and am connected too. You may scoff but I don't care it's something very serious that one shouldn't screw around with,

Edited by BeaveCake
I get that some will turn down a guy due to no hair just as I turn down a girl who's overweight, we all have preferences and deal breakers, so as long as there's still a decent percentage if young women who don't care enough about hair for it to be a deal breaker, (and there are decently attractive girls in that group) I'll be fine. I was just more curious if it's considered deal breaker for the majority

Wrong analogy.

It would be more like you turning down women with blue eyes.

There will be a million others who enjoy your shaved head.

• Like 1