Does he like me or am I suddenly his FWB?

Rosielar

When we first started dating which was three months ago he would take me out, we always made plans like going to the movies or have dinner. If this matter, the only problem that we've had is that he has to do all the work such as texting I mean I could go days without talking to him. Recently out of the blue he made it his mission to sleep with me so he started booty calling me. I was shocked and confused what we are, it had been so great until he does this. I may have come off as uninterested when he was talking about wanting to see me and that was outside the bedroom. I turned down his booty calls, we went even two weeks without actually seeing each other until I suggested we'd meet up. After him complaining so much about never hearing from him I figured it was time. So we had dinner at his place, right before I came over he went out on social media in front of friends and family that he is in love. I didn't have the guts to ask him so I ignored that.. He booty called me again and I gave in as I slept with him. I thought I'd never hear from him but he reached out for me saying that he wants to hear from me. I started casually texting him and he turns it into flirty messages? Once again a few days later he hits me up late as I was out and I slept with him. I don't know what I've gotten myself into or how we ended up here but I'm getting a FWB feeling although he doesn't act like that. I can tell for sure that he likes me by the way he acts and speak. He notice the little changes, he laugh so hard at my jokes, he teases me, he keeps this intense eye contact and he cuddled me the whole night. I have no idea where we stand and he is probably feeling the same but IF he likes me then why is he hitting me up late like a booty call? Before I put myself in a vulnerable position when asking what we are I would like someone's opinion or advice. Help?

Versacehottie

Sounds like he is a bit confused too. Honestly so am I as you are. I think he likes you but if he can put in less effort, he's going to. I would stop accepting the booty calls. Basically if you want to be a FWB this is fastest route to being one!

Don't give into his bad behavior when you want something else. Find out if there's a compromise where you both win and in the long term leads you to what you want. So if he wants to see you late at night, either answer that you are out/sleeping or better yet answer the next morning and say sorry I missed you last night. I'd love to see you at some point, "when can we go out" or some version of the part i have in quotes. Basically you're re-directing him to your needs and treating you right. Like a girl he is dating. It should be win-win if he has that kind of interest in you and is at that place in life to want to date. You'll know his true intentions soon enough.

• Like 1
kismetkismet

you need to give the guy a break haha. You can't leave everything up to him and expect him to chase you indefinitely without getting anything in return in terms of communication and indications that you like him. I think you need to try making yourself more vulnerable because that's essential to relationships.. He may have withdrawn emotionally because you were not acting emotionally interested.

• Like 1
fitnessfan365

You say that he suddenly made it his mission to sleep with you. But weren't you already having sex during those three months of dating? If not, I can see why he'd be a bit bugged. I mean he's doing all the initiating, planning a variety of dates doing all the work, and not even getting to have sex with you. My guess is that he finally got fed up and wanted something in return.

• Author

Well despite that I have to say that I'm worried because we haven't done anything outside the bedroom since he started to booty call me, no dates. So I'm thinking that it doesn't matter how much he enjoy being with me but the fact that he hasn't left the house with me yet? Also I don't hear from him during the day right now like I have no idea what he's doing. He could be with another girl who knows because we basically stopped talking it seems.

ExpatInItaly
Well despite that I have to say that I'm worried because we haven't done anything outside the bedroom since he started to booty call me, no dates. So I'm thinking that it doesn't matter how much he enjoy being with me but the fact that he hasn't left the house with me yet? Also I don't hear from him during the day right now like I have no idea what he's doing. He could be with another girl who knows because we basically stopped talking it seems.

If he's stopped initiating contact and dates outside the context of sleeping together, then yes, I'd say this has evolved into a FWB scenario. It sounded like he was interested in more in the beginning, but if he complained that he was doing all the work and you seemed uninterested, there's your answer. He probably got tired of that but figured he could at least get sex out of it. If you don't like that, stop sleeping with him. You could suggest meeting for dinner or something outside the bedroom and see how he responds. If he doesn't seem interested in doing so, then you have yourself a FWB.