how do u get convos started wit girls have them talk to u

pjm123

Maybe learn to speak English.

And spell.

And use correct grammar.

And avoid cute canned phrases like the plague.

• Like 1
What's up

Not too much, winding down from a long day. You?

Same here had a good weekend. where do u work at

Never, never, never, never, never, never use "u"

I don't know what kind of quality you're looking for but that is going to turn off any woman who is halfway decent.

Another thing I like to do is use exclamation points and names in my text.

"Hey Sarah! How's it going?" Sounds 100 times better than "What's up"

Edited by Jame22

I wasn't completely aware that the question was related to texting only. I assumed it was about starting a conversation in general.

The obvious answer is be interesting. I know that's not always easy on demand depending on mood or how your day / life has been going. It matters a whole lot though.

You can usually figure out something you may like to know about them. Depending on how well you know them already...[not well] "what do you do for a living?" "Are you available?" Keep in mind this is coming from a guy who asked a woman for meaningless sex a few days ago ;-)

[well] "How is your son recovering from that dreadful accident?" "Are your periods still irregular?"

[in between] "Have you ever eaten at that awesome fish restaurant in detroit? Their crab rolls are amazing!" "Your eyes are so beautiful, every time I see them I'm just stunned!" On my first date with my second wife, I told her her eyes were very beautiful. She just said "thank you" with a smile but months later confided that many guys asked her if they were fake. (they were contacts...I knew that, nobody has eyes that vibrant but I kept my cool.) Of course after we were engaged, she stopped buying the colored ones. :mad:

Just think of some connection you may have and make an insignificant nothing into something. Take your time, you don't need to say things immediately, sometimes a well placed pause works wonders! Sometimes some great eye contact does the deal (that's how I got the attention of my first wife and vice versa.)

Best of luck!

Ken

ExpatInItaly
Maybe learn to speak English.

And spell.

And use correct grammar.

And avoid cute canned phrases like the plague.

All of this. Use proper words and grammar. It does make a difference.

"where do u work at" would not get a response from me. Call me old-fashioned or hard, but I prefer a correctly-worded question, especially if it's coming from someone I don't know.

Do you want to have a conversation -- meaning using your voice to communicate with a woman in person -- or do you want to send a text / e-mail?

As others have said, avoiding text speak & using proper grammar will help If you are responding to an OL post of hers, reference it. Keep the opening gambit short & pithy.

In person fall back on the clichés: the weather, something on TV, the circumstances in which you find yourselves, something she's wearing (Hey I like that team too; not nice cleavage)

I can give you in person advice, but I can't for the life of me take my wit and humor communication style online. It just doesn't work.

Start off with trying to find common ground. Do they like game of thrones? Do they like whatever movie just came out?

Branch off from there. Ask questions about whatever you are talking about. Look for ANY opportunity to tell a quick joke or make a statement that might make her laugh. Make her laugh enough and soon she seeks out your company.