Girl says she has never fallen in love so fast, but is now acting a bit distant

Quentin

So I've been seeing this girl. She broke up with her boyfriend shortly after meeting me, because she started having feelings for me.

We have amazing chemistry, we're so much alike - it's completely nuts. She's like my reflection in the mirror and even our mutual friends say so.

Anyways, last week she told me she was falling in love with me and she's never fallen in love with a guy this fast (we've only been seeing each other for like three weeks).

She initiated every kiss since we started, while I've been initating the contact (texts, calling, dates).

Yesterday, she seemed cold and distant, but we still hung out. It was the first time we didn't kiss or hold hands or touch. That confused me.

Later in the evening I happened to hang out with one of our mutual friends, who hung out with her the day before and she told her she's afraid to commit, because she doesn't recognize herself. She doesn't understand why she has fallen for me this fast and is very confused.

The little twist in this story is that I study abroad and am going away in a couple of weeks, and she knows that. That said, I'm coming back in a little over a month and will be home for two-three months. She knows this too.

What should I do? I really like her and would love to continue to develope what we have. Any suggestions???

Women...

I get that it's frustrating, but at least she's got feelings for you. She seems inexperienced in my opinion or maybe she's just afraid to fall too much in love because you're going away. Either way you should fight for her. Chemistry like that is pretty rare.