Do people still use Plenty of Fish and Okcupid?

Hey, I was just wondering if people still go on these sites or if everyone is just using Tinder or other dating apps?

From what I can see, tinder seems to be morphing into more of a dating app then a hookup app. Most of the profiles I look at say " not looking for hookups" or similar.

I was using okcupid but found almost no attractive matches on there so gave up.

Yep, Okcupid is my main site but I recently signed up for POF just to take a look and have had a couple of dates from it. I am a few dates in with someone from POF, so both sites have worked to some extent for me.

I just recently got off Tinder - I found the guys I met on it a lot flakier, and it was harder to figure out whether someone was actually worth meeting. I haven't had a second date with anyone I met on Tinder, whereas I have had some longer dating scenarios and one quasi relationship from the other sites. I might go on again one day just because the matching game is fun but I don't take it seriously.

mapofyourhead

I used Tinder for a while, got a lot of matches, but very few people would actually talk to me or respond when I messaged, and I met zero people in person. Then I got a guy who really, really wanted to send me dick pics, and that was my incentive to stop using it. :laugh:

I use OkCupid and Coffee Meets Bagel, with varying degrees of success. I've had the most success in getting dates on OKC. I met my last boyfriend through it.

Different people use different sites. What's the best for one person isn't the best for somebody else.

If you say dating sites aren't working for you or your sister, stay off them. I think you need to finish your degree, get a job & find some friends but you get a relationship. It's all about balance.