She says she wants to take things slow!!

Hi, I met this girl through Facebook 3 months ago, we started talking a lot daily. We both are from Mexico and she was doing her medical internship in Europe when we met through Facebook. A month later she returned from Europe and we have been dating for about a month, she broke up from a 3 year relationship 6 months ago because her boyfriend went to another state to make his medical service and he dumped her, he was very emotionally abusive with her, she is surprised that I treat her so well.

We have very good chemistry and great spark. So well, we have been dating for about a month, we had already held hands and kissed a lot. On saturday I told her asked her to be my girlfriend and she told me that she we should wait for being a couple, she says we should keep dating and knowing each other. She told me she is overwhelmed because of her medical service and that she is afraid to get hurt again because of her past relationship but she told me that if we just keep dating and knowing each other till the end of the year she will be ready by then and become my girlfriend.

After we spoke this on saturday she sent me a text saying that she wants to enjoy every step we take, she wants to explore many things with me and that it will be great. I don't know if she wants to keep me in the back burner or what. The other issue is that she will go to Europe or New York to make her masters degree in one year and a half, I don't know what to do, if cut the looses right now or just see where things go. I don't want to get hurt. Any tips?. Im 28 years old and she is 24.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
Paragraphs
lovexocoach

She's being straight up with you and she's telling you to take it slowly with her.

If she's worth it continue dating her and see how things progress. If you don't think she is, better to bail now than to be hurt later on.

You have to assume she'll be gone in 18 months time. What do you do then? Do you follow her or continue with a long distance relationship?