Need some opinions

Kestrel

So after much contemplation I decided to post my story on this board and see what other people think of this situation, since I myself am not sure. This is actually a fairly long story, but I met this girl back in September at a barbeque at the beginning of the quarter (I'm a college student). Anyways, we talked a little, she got my number, I got hers, and then we kind of lost touch as the quarter moved on since we're not in the same department. I ran into her a few times around campus, and I finally work up the nerve to ask her out to lunch just before Thanksgiving. We went and got pizza and talked for a bit. It was OK, we talked pretty openly but it was hard to read if she was actually interested or not.

After Thanksgiving was finals, so I didn't want to bother her and I just sent her an email wishing her luck on her exams. Then my friend suggested we go on a double date with him and his girl. We all went to a jazz club for dinner and a concert. Again, she was difficult to read; at times she seemed to be enjoying herself, and other times she seemed like she was bored. At the end though, she did say she enjoyed the concert and thanked me for inviting her.

So, finally this past Thursday I called her just to chat, and it was going pretty well until my mother called and I was cockblocked by my own mother :rolleyes:. So she told me she was going to call me Friday, but she didn't. So now I'm on winter vacation far away from school and her wondering what I should do, and whether I should continue to pursue this. I won't really get a chance to see her after break unless we arrange something.

Thanks for reading this far, and I appreciate any advice you guys can give. :)

CN - Girls are confusing

Being a female myself...when I'm interested in a guy and he puts his neck out there, I would most definitely reciprocate. If he was emailing/calling/inviting me out, you better bet I'd be writing him back, chatting with him online, or even better - inviting him out to coffee since he invited me out the time before. So, that leads me to believe that she thinks you're a cool guy...someone she could enjoy hanging out with, chatting on the phone with - but I hesitate to say that she feels towards you as you are feeling towards her. That's just my opinion. People always have these rationalizations, like, oh...she was tired...or she had an exam that day so she was sort of out of it...but when push comes to shove, I really think that when a girl (or guy) is interested, they make it known through body language, mannerisms, etc. Even if she's shy, there are ways to show interest, such as: she was fidgeting, nervousness, playing with her hair, flirting with you a little, laughing alot, looking you in the eyes, or telling you how there's this great food place by campus and you guys should try the tacos or whatever. We are in the age of cell phones/text messages/emails, etc.....so even if she's super duper busy, she surely had a moment to send a quick hello on Friday.

Hope this helps!

Babybear

I think you are on the friends path. I would wait until after break and find some excuse for emailing or contacting her and see if you can get another date. Go solo this time. Go dancing or do something that may allow for some physical contact. Kick it up a notch and be assertive so that you will get a more definitive answer on where you stand. Have you tried to kiss her yet? If not, then do that. Get an answer either way. It doesn't look good right now, but what do you have to lose? If she shoots you down, just move on, there are plenty of fish in the sea. Ahhh college, I wish I was back in college.

• Author

Thanks for your help guys. I wish I had a more definite answer to this relationship, too, but I guess for now I'll just lay low and just try one more time once break is over.