It's hard for me to not give her the attention

difficult_decisions

difficult_decisions

I dated this girl for a couple months. During that time, we spent almost every moment with each other and moved too quickly. Last week she ended things with me stating that the attraction isn't there, but wants to stay friends.

I'm now struggling trying to remove myself from this situation. I still have feelings for her so it's tough to completely ignore her texts/calls. I'm talking to other women, but I don't really find myself motivated because of this girl. I know she's still contacting me for two reasons:

1. She knows that I have feelings for her and craves the attention

2. She legitimately feels bad or obligated to continue the friendship

I know you're all thinking it's pretty clear what I need to do. What's the best way to remove myself from this entirely? Still occasionally pick up her calls then gradually fade away? A part of me also wants to believe that if I stop giving her the attention and become more unavailable, she'll turn around.

Lesson learned for next time - never invest your feelings too quickly.

I'd tell her that continued contact isn't healthy for you and that you feel you need to break it off entirely.

If she's manipulating you to some extent (your #1) that's not cool, but you should still be dignified for both of your sakes. Doing a slow fade or a fast break isn't dignified.