How is your ideal man?

GA000 Jenny

GA000 Jenny

This is something I have been thinking about for a long time: do we women have a common ideal man in mind? And if yes, why not talk about it, so that men can get a decent idea of what is desirable?

After all, mass media are full of photos of beautiful women; everything seems to revolve around 'what men like', but what about what WE WOMEN like and want to have in a relationship?

I'll be the first to have a go here. My ideal man is (in no particular order):

- decently to good looking (muscles (never too many for me), broad shoulders, no beer belly, tall, with or without beard, I prefer blue eyes)

- clever (he knows what he's talking about; he can provide advice that makes sense when needed)

- decently educated (he can express himself and known the basic spelling and grammar rules)

- reliable (ah! this should probably come first!)

- honest (no jail terms pls, no whoring about pls)

- a good lover (this should come second, or wait... first!) sorry I meant a fantastic lover. We can elaborate further on what constitutes a fantastic lover...

- funny / witty (always appreciated in men)

- employed (any job, as long as honest. No mobsters.)

For those of you in the know, my ideal man can be summarized in a word though: a gorgeous Assian warrior. If only, girls!!!!! :bunny:

And you?

• Like 2

No, you're right. I've never seen attractive, muscular men adorning the covers of magazines and billboards...

• Like 1
Michelle ma Belle

I'm more inclined to say that some of my ideals have changed the older I get and the more experiences I have.

Having said that I think most women typically have many of the tried and true constants on the list like; honest, loyal, kind, intelligent, good sense of humor, financially secure, good looking etc.

I mean, do we really need to state the obvious? Unless you're a neanderthal it should all be a given.

As for me and right now, my partner is the epitome of my ideal man. And that's all the matters.

• Like 5
LoveAnimals

I like your post Jenny lol. My ideal man in no particular order..

-Honest

-Trustworthy ( No cheaters plz!!)

-Has a job and a car

-Can hold a good conversation

-Good looking ( facially and I do like some muscles, Im a sucker for arms and back :rolleyes:)

-Average to tall height

-Really funny with sense of humor ( cant stress this enough!)

-Someone that is always there for me (through good and bad)

-Confident but NOT arrogant

-Masculine but still sweet with me lol

-And someone that has similar life goals to me

Is that too much to ask for?! hehe :p

• Like 1
LadyDeadpool

I agree with most of what has been suggested, but for me? The voice. He has to have a really great voice.

• Like 1
I agree with most of what has been suggested, but for me? The voice. He has to have a really great voice.

That's sooo funny. I had to comment though this is about girls looking for their dream guy.

As a guy, a girls voice is important as well. Dating since my divorce, I reach the stage of calling a girl the first time. NOTHING was more of a turn off than an attractive girl with a deep voice. Sorry, I don't want to date a women who's smoked two packs of un-filtered camels there whole life and sound like an older Lucille Ball!!

• Like 2
losangelena

Oye. I can just imagine the vitriol that would flow if a guy started a thread about "your ideal woman."

• Like 5

As a guy I going to say most woman want all this in a man.

Has a career and is successful in that career.

A dead end job will not pay the bills.

Down to earth and does not take him self to serious.

Looks out for the weak you know the woman and children I can go in to detail.

Know that accountability is not the ability to count.

Good with money and can save money.

Has goals in life and is ambitious.

Good with children.

Great listener and notice the small stuff.

People seek him out for advice .

Sarcastic and funny

Takes care of him self

Knows how to fix things and build things.

Stands up for himself and other people if he needs to.

Great in bed

That is what woman want In a man now days . It is not in order BTW.

That is what woman want from a guy point of view.

• Like 2

If the same list was made by a guy outlining the qualities he looked for in a woman he'd be deemed shallow. Go figure.

How are guys meant to seriously get a woman when they expect such things? The guys voice??! Come on now...

• Like 1

The list doesn't really seem that far-fetched, I don't think you have to resort to sci-fi tropes yet. I really feel like a lot of guys I know fit these criterion. Maybe you just need a change of scenery?

• Author
GA000 Jenny

LadyDeadpool, I hadn't thought about the voice, but now that you mention it, yes, how could I possibly not think about it earlier!

I don't want a guy with a high-pitched voice, that would be a total turn off!

LadyDeadpool, I hadn't thought about the voice, but now that you mention it, yes, how could I possibly not think about it earlier!

I don't want a guy with a high-pitched voice, that would be a total turn off!

Malfunctions and defects are assumable.

• Author
GA000 Jenny

A high-pitched voice is indicative of a low level of testosterone.

This is why boys change their voices when they grow up.

I find these threads to be irrelevant really. Everyone has their own tastes and reducing individuals down to a seemingly homogenous group is always going to misrepresent things.

The only constant is that attractive people are attractive. Yep and that's about as meaningful as it sounds.

Above everything else, I like a man who is genuine and comfortable in his own skin. If he is putting on an act, then everything else goes out the window.

Eternal Sunshine

Along with all the usual like "honest", "employed"...

I want a decent looking guy. I actually want someone that is at least 6 feet tall, broad shouldered, with large arms and muscly. I love olive skin with green/hazel/brown eyes, a full head of hair, good teeth and smooth skin. Ideally between 30-35 with no divorces and no kids but is deisiring of commitment. Stylish.

I want him to be modest. Not arrogant or even confident. Little shyness and insecurity is adorable to me. Sarcastic and smart but knows the line between playful sarcasm and being offensive.

Close relationship with parents and family oriented. Loves animals and ideally owns a pet.

Transparent about his life, social media etc. Willing to integrate me in his life naturally. No compartmentlization please.

I don't have a type but i prefer guys from difference races or backgrounds to myself, physically all i really prefer is dark hair. tall, short, lil chubby, kids, divorced, no kids, never married, degree or no... people aren't checkboxes

-honest

-smells good

-doesn't play games

-funny

-smart, but doesn't need to be a nerd

-doesn't use me for money or sex

-enthusiastic in bed

-not a gym rat or health nut, but not out of shape- i want to be able to enjoy food good and drinks!

-not balding (maybe i'm a little shallow)

-cool eyebrows (i dunno, i'm into expressive eyebrows)

-extroverted (since i'm an introvert)

-ambitious

-positive

-smiles often!

so yeah, someone who is honest, will eat pizza and drink beer while watching movies but also will eat a salad sometimes, and doesn't get depressed about things and instead goes out and get what he wants out of life

LadyDeadpool
If the same list was made by a guy outlining the qualities he looked for in a woman he'd be deemed shallow. Go figure.

How are guys meant to seriously get a woman when they expect such things? The guys voice??! Come on now...

Don't undermine the power of the voice :D

I'm just saying that if I had to choose between a muscular guy and an average looking guy (and they both had great qualities like being honest etc), I'd choose the average guy if he had the better voice.

That's what really floats my boat. It's not the same for everyone but each to their own.